cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenario Mail to Idoc with many Attachment.

federico_bosnjak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a **Mail to Idoc** Scenario. The Mail that I receive contains 3 attachment in XI.

Please let me know how to configure this sender mail adapter to capture all the attachment and send them to the BPM.

I have seen many examples, but any of them helps me.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

federico_bosnjak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One option ~

Write a module that will access these attachments and then create a generic payload with all the 3 attachments as main payload.

Check the blogs on SDN that describe how attachments can be accessed inside modules.

I have not tried this with a mail adapter, and hence do not know if it will work with mail adapter's ; it did work with file adapter's though.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not possible.

You can only send the main payload or alternatively one of the attachments to BPM and to IDoc.

Regards

Stefan

federico_bosnjak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Gaurav and Stefan,

Gaurav :

The e-mail that I receive contains 3 attachment, but only one of them I should be sent to BPM and the others should be sent to R/3 as attachment.

How I can do this?

Thanks,

Federico

Edited by: Federico Bosnjak on Dec 18, 2008 2:04 PM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The e-mail that I receive contains 3 attachment, but only one of them

> I should be sent to BPM and the others should be sent to R/3 as attachment.

>

> How I can do this?

This is not possible.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Federico

This is not possible.

You cannot route attachments like you are looking for.

if we look for an options to swap or transform then too only one attachment can be handled not all 3.

If you develop an adapter module and get all the 3 attachments appended to a single payload. Again using mapping you can route them. but this will not go as an attachment if will be payload.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fedrico,

Did you have a look at Michal's blog :

Thanks,

Pooja

federico_bosnjak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

I have visited the blog.

I don't know how to fill "Default Interface Name" in Default XI Parameters box at the

end of step 1..

Also,

How do I catch the attachment form e-mail and them mapping it to the idoc?

Thanks,

Federico Bosnjak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Federico

As stated in the blog

Try with or without mail package. Set your outbound interface name as default interface name and use Keep attachments.

Pi will be able to receive Payload with 3 attachments.

In PI attachments are dealt separately then payload. You can access payload in Xi mappings but not attachments.

Moreover your case is Mail to IDOC, where you want to handle attachments. This can be passed to R/3 as attachments only.

As per my knowledge IDOC's cannot handle attachments only BDOC can. How you are trying to achieve this?

Thanks

Gaurav