cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB on 64-bit machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed the MaxDB 7.6.03.16 on 64 bit machine. The installation process was quick and silent. But then I tried to create new instance - I got some error: "-24875 The operating system user is not member of database administrators group \[db_create.....\]". I am administrator on this machine. The machine has WinXP Professional x64 Edition Version 2003 bit SP1, I tried to create instance from "Database Manager". My question is: That is a database administrators group? How may I add current user to this group? Why it's not happens on 32 bit machine? Thanks a lot.

Edited by: Pavel Melech on Dec 17, 2008 6:22 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel,

are you logged on directly to the machine or via WTS connection?

Or do you use DBMGui remotely to create the instance?

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

The database and database manager installed on same machine and I am working locally.

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pavel,

1) Please review the MAXDB documentation at ::

Go to the link https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/maxdb < -> The Complete SAP MaxDB Documentation Set >

2) "The database and database manager installed on same machine and I am working locally."

According your information you installed the database software 64-bit version and the DBMGUI is a 32-bit application. The problem only occurs if DBMGUI is called on the MAXDB host. Correct?

If you are SAP customer, please review the SAP Note No. 889251.

If you would like to use the DBMGUI on 64bit server, please follow the "Solution" steps of this SAP note.

Thank you & best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Natalia,

Thank you for help.

It's really helps and save time to read documentation before.

I found answer there and solved the problem.

10x.