cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Application Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

in a J2EE application need to look up JCo Destination(s) in the SLD. Therefore i want to use the SLD Application Service of the WebAS. In the special deployment descriptor of the EAR-File (application-j2ee-engine.xml) I set the following reference to the SLD Application Service

<reference reference-type="hard">
   <reference-target 
    provider-name="sap.com" 
    target-type="service">
       tc/sld/dp/j2ee
   </reference-target>
</reference>

The deployment from NWDS shows no errors, but in the Visual Admin the deploy service marks the application as "not started". After manual starting the fowolling error occurs:

<i>

Error occurred on server 3114650 during startApp eonis.com/eeabpexdearbusiness : com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Application eonis.com/eeabpexdearbusiness cannot be started. Reason:

it has hard reference to resource tcslddp~j2ee with type service, which is not active on the server.

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ReferenceResolver.processReferenceToService(ReferenceResolver.java:447)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ReferenceResolver.processMakeReference(ReferenceResolver.java:390)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ReferenceResolver.beforeStartingApplication(ReferenceResolver.java:323)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.beginCommon(StartTransaction.java:161)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.begin(StartTransaction.java:130)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhasesOnOneServer(ApplicationTransaction.java:290)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.makeAllPhasesImpl(ParallelAdapter.java:301)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.run(ParallelAdapter.java:73)

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:60)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:73)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:145)

</i>

Any idea?

Regards

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus ,

have you properly configured ur SLD ?.

have u started SLD service ?.

let me know .

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

i have configured and started the SLD Data Supplier (I hope this is equivalent to the sld service). In the SLD Data Supplier i can succesfully start the CIMClientTest. So I think everything is properly configured. Also I Grant CIM Client generation permissions to my EAR-File

Regars

Markus

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

are usure of the service name u have given there in

applicatio-j2ee-engine.xml file ?.

from where u got the name of services ?.

can u give me the links for that.

from most of the helps i could realize that service names are single name , thats why i am asking..

just go through this help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/e7e14b517b42788a1c166f9f32455e/content.htm

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to set the service reference in the deployment descriptor I used the special editor in the NWDS. The only entry in the proposal list of "library/interface/service" that sounds useful was "tc/sld/db/j2ee". May be this is the wrong reference, but in post Stefan Klensch also used this refernece.

<i>...

To get the class at design time you have to add: SAP_SYSTEM_ADD_LIBS/comp/SAP_JTECHS/DCs/sap.com/tc/sld/dp/j2ee/_comp/gen/default/public/default/lib/java/sldserv.jar to your build path.

To get the class at runtime add a Service reference to service "sld", provider "sap.com".

</i>

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

try to use sld as service name as suggested by Stefan:

<reference reference-type="hard">
   <reference-target provider-name="sap.com" target-type="service">sld</reference-target>
</reference

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim,

this was a very helpful tip. I missed this suggestion ...

Thanks,

Markus

Answers (0)