cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem updating SPAM / SAINT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to update Support Package Manager from Version 6.40 / 0017 to 6.40 / 0019. The system is a new installation and I'm logged on as user DDIC on client 000.

Starting the update I get the error message "Error in phase: SCHEDULE_RDDIMPDP", "Reason for error: CANNOT_SCHEDULE_RDDIMPDP".

Job RDDIMPDP is realesed in every client, there are no terminated jobs. There are also no entries in SM12 / SAP lock mechanism. I upgraded Kernel to newest version (Feb. 2006) and both "tp connect " and report RSTPTEST show everything ok.

I'm new to SAP administration and did not find further information in SAP Notes etc., so any help would be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Björn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

I have exactly the same error.

I solve error adding manually the client 000 in T000 with SCC4 transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

test

Edited by: Manjinder Singh Chandi on Jan 25, 2008 1:04 AM

deidre_logan
Participant
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue but I found an error in the action log that shows the Check_requirements is failing because of open extracts. We have this system connected to SAP BI system and there are delete runs that have not been processed. I am hoping by having the teams process the delta loads I will be able to apply the support packs.

I have also just done the kernel upgrade, created a different user and had already rescheduled the RDDIMPNEW job.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please make sure you are using the latest version of tp and R3trans

And Try :

1) To delete The error entry in Table PAT01 by chooseing with the errored Patch " SAPKDxxxxx from SAP level.

2)If you dont have Authorization in SAP , login to orasid ,.

orasid>sqlplus /nolog

sql> conn /as sysdba

sql> { delete the entry from PAT01 table and 'Patch' Column }

This will work surely, let me know if you have any confusion to implementing this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bjorn

Please run report RDDNEWPP as user DDIC in client 000.

This should solve the problem.

Good luck,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

thanks for your post, but thats exactly the solution proposed in the error message and my first attempt to solve the problem. I deleted RDDIMPDP in SM37 and executed RDDNEWPP on every client, but this didn't help. I also tried to schedule it every 5 minutes by using report RDDPUTPP as mentioned in some SAP Note. I got succesfully finished RDDIMPDP jobs, but the SPAM update fails with the same error message.

I suppose there might be something wrong in TMS!?

Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bjorn,

Have you tried updating sapevt?

And also checkif TMS is confidured correctly. If it says it is inconsistant then SPAM might hang on that as well.

Good luck,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I read all the documentation carefully and I think it is configured correctly. Is there any report or any other possibility to quickly check the configuration?

File sapevt.exe has been updated within the kernel update, it is from 01/15/2006.

Best regards,

Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bjorn,

First of all, try to do SPAM/SAINT upgrade or support patch application through a user (not DDIC or SAP*) which has sap_all,sap_new authorization in client 000.

Secondly, please upgrade sapevt,R3trans and tp to the latest available.

This should solve your problem.

If you want to check whether TMS is configured or not, check in STMS whether you can see green light & activated symbol next to the SYSTEMS.(TMS to be configured through DDIC only in 000).

Regards,

Kunal Patel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Björn

I forgot to mention one thing.

Please read carefully the notes before doing SPAM upgrade ot mainly before support pack application.

You can easily find these in SAP Service Marketplace.

Search for 'known problems with spam/support packs 640'.

Regards,

Kunal Patel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kuna l,

thank you for posting.

Sapevt, tp and R3trans are upgraded to the latest available version. Also TMS seems to be configured correctly, it shows status green and is active.

Unfortunately starting the update through an user account did not succeed, the update process is still stopping with message "Error in phase: SCHEDULE_RDDIMPDP". Is there anything left to try?

Best regards,

Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

meanwhile I managed importing the SPAM update in OS level. Now in transaction SPAM it shows version 6.40/0019, but when I'm trying to import further support packagesl, I receive the message "first import SPAM/SAINT update SAPKD64019 completely".

Is there a way to manually set the SPAM status from red to green?

Regards,

Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Bjorn,

give Confirm Queue (or confirm import from the menu)to complete the import. after this, your system will recognize the completion of import.

Regards

arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

this also did not work for me, it showed message "Queue is empty".

I just made a new installation of central and database instance and now everything is fine... though I performed identical configuration.

Anyway I would like to thank everyone giving help and new ideas have a nice weekend!

Regards,

Björn