cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill order details

Former Member
0 Kudos

goodwill are intangible items then what is the difference between creating a goodwill order with and without material.

How is a goodwill order created without material and what is basic significance for the same.

I need a clear explanation from the order and accounting point of view as this is confusing me a lot.

Edited by: Arnima Vidyarthy on Dec 17, 2008 3:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Arnima,

Iam just giving my view try this ..

You just create material for Goodwill with Service material type LEIS -Service w/o Delivery.

Define the Goodwill sales document type through copying the Standard OR

Define the Goodwill Billing document type through copying standard billing type F1(Copy the copy control settings also)

Maintain the itemcategory settings through VOV4 transaction for the combination

Goodwill sales document type+LEIS---->Service itemcategory(TAD is the standard)

If you want you can define the New peicing procedure and you can determine that with new Goodwill document pricing procedure through this IMGpath

IMG>Sales and Distribution>Basic functions>Pricing>pricing control

Define Condition Tables

Define Condition Types

Define Access Sequences

Define And Assign Pricing Procedures

You do the proper G/L accounts assignment for the Good will sales through VKOA transaction

Now you can create sales order for that Goodwill material you can enter price manually in the sales order or you can maintain condition record to get automatic pricing.

After creation of the delivery you create billing with refrence to the order no need to create delivery because material is intangible.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

If Goodwill are intangible items then why are we entering it while creating a goodwill order?

If no material is entered system will not allow to create delivery and billing..

Please advise.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Arnima,

If Goodwill are intangible items then why are we entering it while creating a goodwill order?

-->Even it is intangible you need to enter as intangible material like service,service also intangible material only.

-->If you don't enter ant item in the sales order system will allow you to proceed forthur

-->One more think how can you identify and how can you justofy this is Goodwill order, if there is no item available in the sales order.

If no material is entered system will not allow to create delivery and billing..

Yes ,how can you do the billing with out item and what the use to do the billing without item(material)In your case no need of delivery(Intangible material).

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thanks again for your reply.

Can you just clear my below doubt..

Does goodwill orders include a scenario where a particular product like suppose a kit is given free of cost to customers?if yes is it for a particulat customer or any regular customer.How is it decided.

How is a particular material customized in SAP or chosen for a goodwill order?

because i just created a goodwill order where the system prompted saying only material x and y can be used .

Please explain.

Answers (0)