Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI Installation Server - deployment advice

Richard_Bailey
Explorer
0 Kudos

Seasons greetings to all.

We're looking to deploy SAP GUI 710 for Windows throughout our organization using an installation server, which will upgrade everyone from SAP GUI 640.

I'm going through the installation guide and I've set up a package, etc.

I'm using the logon script method for deployment and here is the command in the script:

"
<server>\<path>\sap\sap gui 710\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe" /noDlg /Package="SAPGUI710"

The issue is a few people got an error loading the librfc.dll when launching SAP-Logon and we thought a restart was needed, but when adding the /ForceWindowsRestart to the command users' PCs just rebooted every time they logged on.

Can you all provide any advice for deploying SAP GUI 710 using an installation server?

We're using Release 710 Compilation 3.

Thanks in advance,

Richard Bailey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if people try to start their SAPLOGON before or while installing is in progress, they will get that error.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Richard_Bailey
Explorer
0 Kudos

Could you post the script you used to uninstall 640?

Former Member
0 Kudos

sure, its basically the same as what you use to install, except with an /Uninstall switch:

server\path\setup\sapsetup.exe /silent /Uninstall /p:<package>

You might want to refer to your 640 installation guide for more detail on the commands.

Richard_Bailey
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for that tip. I had the /silent option on the command before but I switched to /noDlg after. I hope that this will defer them from launching SAP-Logon until that dialogue windows disappears.

- Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had some problems (on compilation 2) with installing 710 over the top of 640. With compilation 3, I've found it to work better. Nonetheless, to be safer, I created a scripting event (on before install) to uninstall 640 before installing 710.