cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP requirment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have received requirment where client wants to use SFTP for secured connection.

Currently we have a interface which produces file to specified location using file adapter. but now client requirment is to produce file using SFTP with Thrid party organisation at their specified location. (Is this possible, i think XI (PI 7.0) does not support SFTP, however we can use third party adapter. which would be best to use and how. please suggest)

Also they wants some sort of acknowledgement to know status of the file whether received succesfuly or not accordinly wanted to rename file appending .recived or .error in our outbound foder. (is this possible if we use SFTP adpater? how to do this)

Can we archive file locally in XI before sending to SFTP specifed location?

Kindly help me with this.

Full points will be awarded.

Swapnil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member9864
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

the following product might be also interesting for you:

http://www.itelligence.de/documents/de_itelligence_produktdatenblatt_adapter_sftp.pdf

There's also an english version available. I'll get you back as soon as I find it.

Cheers,

Chen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checkout the SEEBURGER SFTP solution which supports XML reports as a notification about the transmission. For local file archiving you may as well have a look at the seeburger solutions (message tracking).

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Swapnil

Looking at your requirement

SAP PI any version doesnt support SFTP and as per my knowledge SAP is not planning to do so in near future.

You can do SFTP easily using Unix Scripts but as per your requirement i suggest you do develop adapter. You can even look for third party adapters like Seeburger/ Advanco that can help you.

I faced similar kind of requirement and i end up developing adapter for this.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

SAP XI does NOT support SFTP (over SSH), it only supports FTPS (over SSL).

To tranport file using SSH, you have options;

1) write OS program to sftp the file to destination. In your communication channel, specify the OS program as OS command after message processing.

2) use proxy (Java or abap), in your proxy you sftp transport the data to destination.

3) write adapter modules to sftp.

as to rename the file after successful transport, try with OS command to rename the file by specifying the OS command after message processing.

Jayson

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>(Is this possible, i think XI (PI 7.0) does not support SFTP, however we can use third party adapter. which would be best to use and how. please suggest)

you can write an adapter of your own then it will handle all your requirements

>> (is this possible if we use SFTP adpater? how to do this)

sure if you write yourself - it not you need to check third party adapter

>Can we archive file locally in XI before sending to SFTP specifed location?

sure if you write yourself - it not you need to check third party adapter

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

http://mypigenie.com - XI/PI FAQ