cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt on single stack or Dual Stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After logon to SAPgui how can we have come to know, system is installed on abap stack or dual stack.

Regards

K R Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello KR Singh,

the ways explained above are not sure shot ways to confirm if the system installed is single or dual stack.

HTTP Service can exist without J2EE as it did in older versions of SAP , same goes for the parameters (if they aren't configured properly).

The best way to check this is at the OS level.

Else you can do the following:

Check and validate the presence of J2EE schema in your database via transaction DB02

And combine this check with checking the presence of jlaunch and java processes in transaction ST06->Detailed Analysis->Top processes

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddesh,

Your response is helpful for me.

But i found one more thing is that using SM51 tcode if system is installed on Dual Stack then it will show J2EE processes additionally.

How can we check J2EE schema from DB02 tcode.

Regards,

K R Singh

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was speaking from the oracle perspective (assumptions!). In DB02 , if you find a tablespace like PSAPJ2EDB, you know that it is dual stack.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to only know from the GUI............then goto the TCode /nAl11.............browse the /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<nr> and see if there are j2ee and other folders present....

Hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Transaction SMICM can help you.

Run SMICM...Select the Goto tab --> HTTP Application Server --> Display Data

You will find TRUE for all the configured items and FALSE for the non configured ones..

Regards

Chen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Check your Instance profile in RZ10 for parameters starting with jstartup/xxxxx, which means the systems is double stack (ABAP + JAVA).

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Edited by: Yoganand Vedagiri on Dec 17, 2008 2:53 PM