cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procurement type X

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Product P1 in plant D1 in r/3 has MRP type X0 and Procurement Type 'Empty - No Procurement'. It is transferred to APO and procurement type X is assigned (If you do not enter anything in the field, the system assumes X). SNP Heuristic plans purchase requisitions for that product which hang in the interface with the following error: "No procurement defined for material P1". Should the interface and mapping work like that?! That's a little bit crazy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned Please maintain Procurement type in R/3, and if you still have issues please check the application log CFG1 in R/3 if the queue failed in R/3 inbound.

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When there is no procurement to be planned, the MRP type should be normally ND. If you want to plan the component the procurement type must not be kept blank.

I do not think system has any internal check to validate this. It is a matter of discipline that you do not maintain data like this.

Bye.

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am asking: Why does the mapping work like that? "You" can leave the procurement type empty in R/3 and will be filled with X in APO and then the requisitions will be blocked in the inbound of R/3. Something is wrong with that logic. "You" can not rely on users willing to maintain that field if they set the MRP type to X0.

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alper,

Normaly this field is kept as mandetoray field. However when you upload material master through LSMW, you can still leave the field blank. That's why I had said it is a matter of discipline.

One thing you can try is to use a user exit to populate a value P in APO if the field is blank in R/3.

Basic thing is that the user must decide whether a material is to be planned or not that too whether in R/3 or in APO. One can not say that these fields are maintained arbitrarily. There is no question whether user is willing to maintain a field or not. If it has been missed out by mistake, one has to correct the mistake.

"There is no alternative to hard work"

Bye

Nitin