cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing licensing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does anyone know if there is a standard way to implement licensing for third-party applications, running on J2EE Engine?

We're developing an EP application with front-end in WebDynpro, now I'm wondering if we should implement own licensing mechanism (e.g. ask user to put a license file to specific folder and the application should check availability of/parse the file), or it is possible to reuse existing infrastructure of Licensing Adapter in Visual Admin?

Thanks in advance for any hints!

Best regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

You can modify during runtime and view using ra.xml/deployment descriptor, but reusing it for a third-party or your own ep application may be a scenario I haven't come across. I will check further.

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

I'm sorry I didn't get you - what is "ra.xml/deployment descriptor" and what can I modify using it?

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is an SAPp note specially for applying licenses for webdynpro.Search as 'sap license' or 'sap j2ee license'.

Regards,

Kunal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

I could not find relevant note, have I overseen one?

Before asking I searched also help.sap.com - plenty of links, but nothing, what I'm looking into.

Best regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

thanks!

If I understand correctly, this is how connectors to external systems are configured and the connector may have license (actually on my SP12 I don't see space for the ResourceAdapter license details, may be it's a new feature. Also the help doesn't tell how to install license for adapter).

All these seem to be too complicated.

What I want - a way to use "Install license from file" button in Licensing Adapter, and possibility to ask through APIs if particular feature is licensed.

From other side UI of Licensing Adapter says "To get your license key see http://service.sap.com/licensekey", which might be a hint that third-party licenses were not foreseen here (e.g. no possibility to plug own license checker and of course SAP would not provide own license generator to ISVs).

Best regards,

Nick