cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to m"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know, JCO configuration was already 1000 times discussed. I have read many threads but i didn't find solution to my problem.

My JCo for app data works correctly, but test JCo for metadata bring error:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=sap47c13 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=C13 MSSERV=sapmsC13 PCS=1 ERROR service 'sapmsC13' unknown TIME Thu Mar 02 09:51:43 2006 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -3 MODULE ninti.c LINE 505 DETAIL NiPGetServByName2: <b>service 'sapmsC13' not found</b> SYSTEM CALL getservbyname_r COUNTER 1

I can connect with my R3 host (telnet) on port 3600 but can not on service "sapmsC13" (despite i have entry "sapmsC13 3600/tcp # SAP System Message Port" in my services file on R3 host).

My sld is running, R3 system is in technical landscape.

I have no idea what more should i check.

Can anybody help me?

regards

Bogdan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan,

I assume the host you are connecting form and the host you are connecting to are the same one?

If so please check your services file.

If it has an empty line remove that.

If it does not have an empty line add it.(just press enter at the end of the last line.)

It might seem strange but it has helped me before.

Good luck,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

host I am connecting from and host I am connecting to are NOT the same. I try connect from J2ee server to R3 system.

I can'n try your solution now unfortunately. I suppose that after service file modification I need restart server but now too many people are working:(

Regards Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Bogdan,

Do you have the entry in the services file on both systems?

If not make sure they are in both. If so please change as i recommended. You do NOT need to restart for the changes to become effective.

Kind regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

you are right. Problem reason was fault of entry with target message service name in services file on source system.

Thanks a lot everybody for any help.

Regards

Bogdan

Message was edited by: Bogdan Rokosa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your post, it helped me a lot.

I had same problem and fixed by applying your propposal.

R3 server actually had definition in /etc/services as follows:

sapmsDCA 3600/tcp

Portal server has no definition like that, so, I added the following line in /etc/services

sapmsDCA 3600/tcp

Now i'm able to connect from portal server to R3 server by using Jco WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST

Best regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan ,

have u checked the message server and service configuraion in ur R/3.

i think by default message service is in the port 3600

u just check the message server and service setting in R/3 using the transaction rz70.

here just in the Data Collector Program part.

select <b>_SLD_MSGSRV</b> and test run.

then u will get bthe details of Message server ..

from ur error , that particular service is not there ..

Messgae service name--

sapms<System Number>

System Number is a 3 letter name.

some of the common JCO exceptions are discussed here..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f6/daea401675752ae10000000a155106/content.htm

let me know ..

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

I have checked message server in SLD (colected by rz70) and that is correct (host: sap47c13, port 3600, gripu PUBLIC).

My R3 system name is C13 and run an host sap47c13.

An this host in etc/services I have an entry:

sapmsC13 3600/tcp # SAP System Message Port

I have checked message service an R3 by transaction smms - service is active.

When I try logon to this system by SAPLogon/Group I become the same message "service 'sapmsC13' not found".

Regards Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again:)

I have startet once more smms, then "Goto ® Parameters ® Change" and I have seen:

server service: sapmsC13

server port: 3600

that looks good.

when i run

lgtst -h sap47c13 -s sapmsC13

woorks too.

Now I have pointed of that from r3 host i can connect with telnet both on port number and service name. I have before tried from another net!!! That look like problem with routing!!!

Regards

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, that looks unfortunately worse than I thought:(

I can obtain connection (telnet) with service name only from host to which I will connect!!! From any other host I can obtain connection only with port number.

When i start saplogon on r3 host i can obtain a group list too (from another host not).

Any suggestions?

regards

Bogdan