cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next inspection date in the Batch Determination Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am having problems with some user requirements because I am an abaper and I think this needs some SD expertice. Users want to see the "Next inspection date" of the batch (field QNDAT) when they do the batch determination of a delivery (Batch Split --> Batch determination). They want to see a new column in the screen, right next to the "Characteristic sort" field. I think that to put a new column in that standard screen is not possible. So I suggest to change the contents of the existing characteristic sort. And there is where I do not know how to do that. It is possible at all to have the next inspection date as a characteristic of the batch and then use it to sort?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very useful answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva and thanks!

It worked perfectly. There is just this one little thing that I do not get and is that it does not work completely until I go to the batch (MSC2N) and save it (without doing any changes, just entering in update mode and saving). Only then shows the next inspection date in the batch determination screen. It might be because this date is calculated? I mean, when I check the content of field MCHA-QNDAT there is nothing there because this date is calculated in the transaction.

But anyway, thanks a lot, that was really helpful.

Regards.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can use next inspection date as a characteristics and sort the batches based on that.

Inform the user to add this characteristics (LOBM_QNDAT) in the material batch class and batch selection class using transaction code CL02.

Then in SPRO, using transaction code CU71, in the sort rule add this field as characteristics (LOBM_QNDAT).By this way the system will sort the batches based on next inspection date as parameter.

Note that the user needs to fill-in the next inspection date in all the batches in order for the sort rule to work properly.

Regards,