cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP login screen not comming

Former Member
0 Kudos

During Support pack SAPKB70014 . It was continues running from last 2 hours.When I closed this transastion. Then I restart my SAP system.Now when I opening SAP GUI

Messege is comming ABAP Runtime Error Error Code

In bottom of the page messege is comming

Syntex Error is Program SAPLSFES

Login name & password not asking.

how i check what the problem

Thanks

Manu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> During Support pack SAPKB70014 . It was continues running from last 2 hours.When I closed this transastion. Then I restart my SAP system.Now when I opening SAP GUI

First of all, you should not have stopped the transaction during import. Basis patch taking time to import is normal due to the package size. You should have checked the logs to see if the import was really happening.

Messege is comming ABAP Runtime Error Error Code

In bottom of the page messege is comming

Syntex Error is Program SAPLSFES

Login name & password not asking.

how i check what the problem

This is a common problem if you stop the basis patch import in between. you will understand if you read the following thread.

I would suggest you open a message with SAP regarding the issue. You can resolve the problem by using "tp r3i" with the correct parameters. But you should only use this command with SAP's recommendation. otherwise, they will not support any further.

Regards,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks jazz for your reply,

How I run tp commnad .Because noe my SAP is not logging. Plesae help.

manu

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

contact SAP. we won't give you this command here because if you do not use it properly, you can screw up your system in a worst state that it is now.

open a SAP message at http://service.sap.com/message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eric for your reply ,

Eric how to check tp and r3trans at os level , is it Active or not .?

and How to check current status of the buffer:?

Thanks

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Eric how to check tp and r3trans at os level , is it Active or not .?

Take "task manager" and look for tp and R3trans

> and How to check current status of the buffer:?

use command;

tp showbuffer <SID> tag=spam pf=<transport profile>

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you do not know how to check if a process is running?

for buffer: /usr/sap/trans/buffer/[SID]

to see iof there is some activity: /usr/sap/trans/tmp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

I checked in /usr/sap/trans/tmp in this one file

SAPIB70014.IDE 17Dec2008 3:46PM 30,908 KB.

thanks

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no activity since dec 17th.

are you seeing TP or R3TRANS running at OS level? Is so, kill them

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume that the time taken during import is because your database statistics is not up to date.

If you kill the TP and R3Trans, system will be in an unstable state and you cannot even login to it.

The only way is complete the import using tp command options after updating database statistics..

Former Member
0 Kudos

> The only way is complete the import using tp command options after updating database statistics..

If you are talking about completing the support package with "tp r3i" command, then i would suggest to get SAP's advice.

Its a very dangerous command ( that's what SAP says) and they will not support the system anymore if you use it without their recommendation.

so, my suggestion is you contact SAP. They will then ask for your buffer status and then provide you the correct parameters for the tp r3i command.

Regards,

Jazz

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jazz is right.

SAP will supply you with a TP command to continue import. when it is completed, you will be able to go back in SPAM and complete applying support pack.

When I apply support packs, I usually start SAPGUI from a server that is plugged into a UPS and NEVER quit a support pack in the middle.

another possibility is sending the Support pack in background or use downtime minimized.