cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network activities deletion Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement where in I have to delete multiple activities from a network using a Z transaction and then renumber the existing activity numbers.

For deleting the activities, currently I have used BAPI_NETWORK_MAINTAIN with method u2018DELETEu2019. But for renumbering of the activity numbers I am not

Sure how to do that.

When I delete activities using this BAPI, I see that it is just setting the Deletion flag for that activity as u2018Xu201D and the activity number still exist in the database.

Because of this I understand that I cannot reuse the same activity number. Also in BAPI_NETWORK_MAINTAIN I see that we can update the details for activity

Using I_ACTIVITY_UPDATE parameter. But even with this I donu2019t think we can change only activity details but not activity number.

Can anyone tell me how to achieve the functionality of deleting activities permanently and renumbering of activities for my requirement? Appreciate your quick response on this.

Please let me know if I am not clear in explaining my requirement.

Regards

Priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya ,

Deletion of Network Activities "Permanently from the database table" , depends on the status of the network activity .

If the status of the network activity is CRTD you can delete it , else you can only set a flag for deletion and not to be deleted from the tables permanently

thanks and regards

Kish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI kish,

I am facing Exactly the same problem, when i delete item from network activity, the entry in RESB table

get X crossed for field ELOXK, but i am not able to get the details in CDHDR and CDPOS table as entry is not recorded in the table , i am getting INSERT , UPDATE entries but not for DELETE.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Adding more to Kishore's reply, if you want to reuse an Activity number and you were not able to delete an activity then you will have to archive the deleted activity.

The entry for deleted/archived network-activities can be found out in PSGUID table. Searching for any network-activity or any PS object is not straight forward in PSGUID table.

You will have to use AUFPL from AFKO table and then proceed further.

Kind Regards,

Satti Charvak

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member210872
Participant
0 Kudos

Go in T code- OPSG and make setting for activity deletion permission

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Where should i get the date and time for which i marked deletion flag.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khushi ,

The date you can get in the Transaction CJ20N , by clicking on the component and go to the Assignment Tab Last change . (as the system would not allow any further changes to the component after the deletion flag , the last change can be considered as the Deletion indicator )

In general when the Activity is in released status , the component added to it should nt be deleted , but should only be flagged for deletion (Deletoin Indicator )

When a component is added to the network activity , either a Reservation or a Purchse requisition or both would be triggered depending on the procurement parameters .

When such a component is set for Deletion indicator either EBAN-LOEKZ or RESB-XLOEK will be updated with a X

When component is set for Deletion indicator , in case of a Purchase requisition , CDHDR and CDPOS would be updated with an entry writing a change document with U (update) and not with D (Deletion ). you can see the change documents for ,the purchase requisition .

Go to ME53N , and select the corresponding line item of the Purchase Requisition and from the menu

Environment-->Item changes would show you the time stamp when the item was set for Deletion Indicator .

regards

Kish

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the system status is CRTD, you can delete it directly. If it is REL & documents have been posted. Then you can only put deletion flag to it. You'll have to archive the project & then delete.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amresh,

Half of your answer is right. NWA can still be deleted if they are in REL State. They cannot be deleted only if any document has been posted against them.

Kind Regards,

Satti Charvak

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can delete operative WBS , network, & activity in every edition txn. A preauisite of this is that object should have status CRTD (Created) or REL ( Released ). In case of REL status that no doc has been assigned to that object ( i.e operative WBS , network, activity) .

Once doc has been assigned to it , you must first archive the project structure before you can delete the same from database.

For deleting operative structure you must set Deletion flag on it. A prequisite for setting the deletation flag is that no open PR/ Po exits for that object in case of activity.

second step is that setting deletation indicatior based on residence time settings.

and finally archieve the object.

Regards

Nitin