cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO Returns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Can anyone explian how return process works under STO scenario.

I am familiar with both case individually but i dont know how they can be used simultaneously.

In our case goods has been transferred from Plant A to Plant B. The material transferred to plant B is consumed for the plant itself, (Its upcoming manufacturing plant) i.e no further selling or processing is done from plant B.

Now we want the material to be brought back to Plant A from Plant B. How can that be done?

Any inputs?

Regards,

DDP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please kindly gothrough this below links,

Gopal.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

is the client in India and both the plants in India?

If so, then u will have to take care of the excise part also while sending the returns.

i will suggest u to go for the normal stock transport cycle from plant B to plant A, since both are manufacturing units.

rgs,

ak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Thanks for the valuable inputs. The inforemation shared by you all was quite useful.

As ak asked i would like to mention that both the plants are in the same country (India) but in different states

So, will the excise duties will be reverse automatically if I do the STO from palnt B to Plant A

or i need to reverse it manually.

Thanks once agian

Regards,

DDP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing this thead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DDP,

An Excerpt

A return STO can be a reversal of the transaction from the receiving to the sending plant. But under the circumstances of a stock transfer between plants that happens in the future, a return STO can be treated as an ordinary STO processing (GI from the sending and GR at receiving plant)

Other Relevant Informations:

Movement Type for Return to Vendor: 161 (select return button in the PO)

Also, refer:

[Steps for STN cancellation|http://www.sap-img.com/materials/transaction-code-for-stock-transport-order.htm]

Best Regards,

Amit