cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE:Business partner functions in customer Master creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do we need to send the Business partner functions while creating record in R3 thru MDM.

For any account group i pass the Idoc is expecting all Business partner functions to be defined for the account group to which am trying to create Customer.(As SH,BP,PY..)

Can anyone please explain me in brief the Business partner function -Problem in my scenerio............................Concept of Business Partner function while creating Customer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

I want to implement the same functionality if u can share the solution

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ECC partner functions are used when you have multiple addresses for the same customer. The partner function links those address records together. You could have multiple unique customer numbers on the KNA1 table, but in the KNVVP table (partner functions) you maintain the linkage between the main table records.

Partner functions are not recommended in MDM. These are generally not considered to be "enterprise level attributes" and therefore shouldn't reside in your customer repository in a central create scenario. Additionally, some of the complexity required to model partner functions can't be modeled in MDM at this time. When 7.1 comes out, there is a new data type called "tuples" which supports deeply nested structures, and therefore you could model a true partner function table inside the sales area table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have observed in the IDOC code of customer master record creation as............

When the customer record is intially getting created.........it is somehow going into and calling a subroutine,where it is assigning 0001 as account group and it is expecting the Bussiness partner functions which are assigned to 0001.

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

I am not sure for standard however I believe that Exits will help you in this.

+ An

Former Member
0 Kudos

got the problem solved myself

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While you create the customer Master you might not require to update the Partners, but then when you create the Sales Area Data then you need the Partners for that customers.

So a Customer can have a Partner who basically is another customer or the Same Customer, used to handle the basic functions of the A Customer like one would be a Bill to -> who would pay the Bill one would be the Receiver of the Goods - Shipped to etc...

Hope this clarifies.