cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync RFC call to ERP system via XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a scenario where we want to do a sync RFC call to our ERP system. The problem is that the system is in a secure zone and we do not want to open the ports. Our XI system is also in a secure zone, but we have some opened ports. So the question is: Can we use XI just to route the RFC call to the ERP system without any hassle? If yes, how can this be achieved?

Thanks!

-Marianne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If both ERP and XI systems are under same secure zone, then there should not be any problem in the communication. Have you tried the connection? See this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/d9/ef2940cbf2195de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your answer.

We have no problems in the communication, the secure zone stuff was only to describe why we want this solution. The question is if it is possible to have an RFC call from one SAP system to another, but instead of calling the ERP system directly, route the RFC call through XI without doing anything else...

regards Marianne

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, without any modification, you may pass the data as it is through XI. But for this RFCs in both the system should have similar structure. In XI you just have to create an RFC destination of the communicating SAP systems. You may even try your scenario avoiding the IR steps (I haven't tried it yet with RFC although)

I hope I understood the problem

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks again. We do not want to create an RFC in XI system, only pass the stream through. That means using an XI port and route the call to ERP system. I guess this have to involve calling an XI specific URL to be able to route the call to ERP RFC, but not 100% sure here.

regards Marianne