cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice Creation Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to test my web service via WSNavigator.

Problem is my service does not come in the list once i deploy it.

I am a newbie to WebServices so please correct me where am I wrong in these steps:

1. I create a Deployable Proxy Project

2. Then, i create a new Client Proxy Definition

3. I enter pkg name, Proxy name, choose Local System. Then i give the WSDL location and finally press Finish.

(It has created several files including ClientAPI.jar)

4. Lastly, i chose Build EAR and deployed it.

But i cannot see my web service in that list!

Can you please help me in checking the request-response cycle for this web service.

Regards,

Dev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

sorry for the late reply.

1) For checking ur request/response in WS Navigator.

i)If u have ur wsdl file in ur server then it should be displayed in the WS Navigator.

ii)Click on ur wsdl file or give the url of the file and give next.There u will be getting a tab called test.

iii) Here u will find the options to do set of operations.

Click on any one of the operation that is listed for ur file.

iv) U eill be able to see the send button for it.

v) For ex. if ur having 2 methods inside ur wsdl sau getname and setname.

click on the operation setname(u will be able to enter the name).Then press send.

Now go to getname operation and select it u will be able to c the name that was given by u.

Hope this response clears ur doubt.

2) The target address that u give in the proxy settings is according to the type of the wsdl file.If its going to be a google wsdl file then this will be different from the file that u have in the server.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Nagarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nagarajan for detailed explanation!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

First of all, i know this process to import a model into my Web Dynpro application.

As my web service was giving errors i thought to check my web service first using WSNavigator!!

So Firstly, if you can kindly tell me what changes need to be made for that so i can check request-response cycle of my web service.

Secondly, i also noticed that after creating Web Service Model, we need to change Proxy Settings in Logical Parts (in model). What does Target Address point in this case?

As my target address has a URL by default but it shows "Page cannot be Displayed" in IE.

Do i need to change it or what?

Looking fwd to answers to both the questions.

Regards,

Dev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

C whether u have did all this steps.

1) create a project.

2) Inside ur component Model -->create model.

3) Give name,package.Select the UDDI or url tab or if u r going to use ur own webservice that resides in ur local server,select Local radio btn.

4) Upload the wsdl file.

5) open data modeller.

6) click the add used model to add the created model.

7) Give navigation link between model and comp.ctrller by mapping all the nodes and context att.

😎 Map ur comp ctrrler and the view in the same way.

9) Expand the model>(name of the model)>logical parts>(name)>Givenproxy settingd.

10) then call ur webservice to execute the appliaction.

Also refer to this Link provided by sdn.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/webdynpro/tu... on accessing an email web service - 6_0_.htm

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Nagarajan.