cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancel or credit memo biling document

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello ,everyone,

as we all know that ,we can cancel the billing decument ,which result a document type s1,and we

also can create credit memo with reference to the billing document,

now I want to realise this funciton: as to the billing document of last month ,control it can not be cancelled or deleted ,but just can create credit memo with reference to the billing document,

does it have possibility to realise ?and how to do ?

thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is better to for creating a Credit memo instead trying to cancel the Billing document.(Remember, you can not delete a billing document.).

For ceating Credit memo, there are two situations, either your organisation is following a Resease procedure/strategy or it is not following.

If Release procedure/strategy is followed then , first you have to create a "Credit memo request" which can be created either with reference to the Billing document or Sales order. It can also be created without any reference also.

This Credit memo request contains a "billing block" always. This block has to released by the authorised person after his varification. You can remove block by going to the change mode (VA02) of the document and choose the blank space from the drop down in overview screen and save it.

Now, you can create a Credit memo with reference to the Credit memo request.

If your organisation is not following Release procedure, then you can create the Credit memo directly with reference to the Billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand what you say,but my question is how could I control the user can not cancel the billing document of the last month's ,but just create credit memo with reference to it?my point is ,can it control through date or date point?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can control by billing date, if it's a past month billing document, then don't allow user to do the cancellation.

Hope this help.

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you ,maybe ,could you describe in detail how to config it ?

I can not find relative field in the IMG-billing type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It can be handled by copying requirements in configuration of Billing Types.

IMG -> Sales and Distribution -> Billing -> Billing Documents -> Define Billing Types.

In the Billing: Document Types, select your billing type (eg.F2).

At Cancellation part, you have assign cancellation billing type = S1, then assign the copying requirements to validate the billing date.

To create new requirement, use t-code VOFM:

Choose copying requirements -> Billing documents.

Then you can create your own routine.

Hope this help.

Cheers,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I under stand from you post, that you does not want to allow you user to cancel pervious month's billing doc. Instead you expect him to issue a credit memo.

If my assumption is right, yes it is possible,

(I) In T.code OB52 for a company code - maintain from period and to period as same (Current month Eg. Dec month period is "09 " ). Here you can also maintain acess to post in the old period only for a Specific user (Eg:FI).

(ii) In T.code MMRV maintain in Check Box Allow posting to previous period. This will enable specified used to the transcation in the pervios period.

(iii) Credit Note can be raised with Sale Return order route - return delivery (Post Goods Receipt) and Credit note, with reference to the Return order (copy control Order to Billing - VTFA ).

Thanks & Regards,

R.Janakiraman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's possible with the following steps:

- create Credit Memo Request (eg. order type = CR) with reference to Billing document via VA01 (click button Create with Reference)

- Release billing block thereafter.

- create Credit Note for created Credit Memo Request via t-code VF01.

Hope this help.

Cheers,