cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network For WBSE without Accounting Element Indicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We have a requirement to attach network activity for WBSE at different level at the same time we must follow restriction that only lower most WBSE will be marked as Account Assignment elements.

My question is- Is it possible to maintain Network Activity for a WBSE without making it an account assignment element.

Please let me know any settings or worarounds for the same.

Regards,

Seemant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is- Is it possible to maintain Network Activity for a WBSE without making it an account assignment element.

............As per i know it is not possible.

lets wait we may get other views.

Regards

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agreed,

Thats what we have find out till now, any customizing , work around or devlopment?

Regards,

Seemant

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not possible to assign activity to WBS element if the WBS is not account assigned.

Not workaround will work in this case. Because the assigning activity to WBS element SAP chekcs for the WBS element is a/cassigned object or not ?

you have to make all the wbs element a/c assign for which you want to assign the activity.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Freinds,

Thanks for all your inputs.

As network is an order and so a cost incuring object & thats why its mandatory to make WBSE Accounting Element.

But my logic is like, in case we dont want to use the network for costing, ie is i am sure that no cost will come to network, which infact is case with us, the system should allow us to attach network to WBSE without it being Acs element.

Is there a way out?

Regards,

Seemant

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please reffer this link

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/4c/22604446e611d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

To be able to assign a network to a WBS element, you must first identify the WBS element as an account assignment element.

Say suppose take your case, that sys has allowed the netwrok to assign to WBS without acc. assignment and by chance if you have posted some cost. than where this cost will come go ? how reporting will come for the WBS hierarchy etc.....

due to this reason i feel that SAp has madeit mandatory.

Regards

Nitin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To summarise- It is not possible to create a network for WBSE without marking WBSE as Account Assignment Element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seemant,

I have tested similar scenario and Iit is observed that without WBS element marked as Account assignment element, it is not possible to attach activity.

System gave error message

" WBS element is not an account assignment element (check)"

About customising, you can check config for Project profile.

Go to t code OPSA. Check Control tab of project profile. There you will see one option called "All acct asst elem" tiked.It means

" Indicator: All WBS elements are account assignment elements

With this indicator you determine that all the WBS elements you create

are account assignment elements."

Regards

Tushar

Edited by: Tushar Vhora on Dec 17, 2008 9:02 AM