cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Taxonomy & Qualified Tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Guru's,

Can any one please share the difference between Taxonomy & Qualified Tables. Any out of Box Answer please.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Srihari Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your solutions, Have alloted points

cheers

Srihari

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Taxonomy - SAP NetWeaver MDM taxonomy tables give us all the benefits of a standard hierarchy with the advantage of attributes. Attributes attached to a node in the hierarchy tree are used to identify all associated master records under this node.

and As far as Qualified tables are concern A qualified table in MDM stores a set of lookup records.Qualified tables can be used to support product applications and application-based search, and also to store any large set of subtable records that contain fields whose values are different for each main table record, such as multiple prices for different quantities, divisions, regions.

I hope regarding your specific requirment this also helps.

rgds

Deepak

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Out Of Box :

Taxonomy : Multiple tables in one table with cross relationship. Predefined values.

Qualified : Single table with some runtime values.

Cheers,

Cherry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Qualified tabel and Taxonomy tabel are two independent table types with varied functionality use of each.

Qualified Table:

This type is used for storing relational data in MDM rep.It is very important to store master data intelligently in a Rep for faster Storage,Retrieval and viewing reasons.

When you have a field or group of field data which is dependent on another field or group of field then such fields muct be stored in a Qualifeid tabel.

eg: Alternate Unit can be a dependent field on the Field Base unit of Measure.

Simillarly Address information of Customer. Bank details etc can be set up under the Qualified table.

Another main advantage of using this table is when you have a one to many relation.ie a single main Table record is having multiple differnt values for a single field based on the dependent field value.In such cases stroing the records under the main atble or simple lookup table will reduce teh perfomance of the system so qualified should be used.

Alos when you wnat to store Multivaluesd data which are dependent.As qualified table is always multivalued.

Taxonomy Table:

This table is basically an Hierarchy table but with an added advantage to store attributes.If you want to store simple hierarachy you can for the hierarchy table creation but if you have your last node of the hierarchy with a specific attribute which uniquely identifies the set of records then you need to go for the qualified table.

eg: UPSC data.

In manufacturing or automobile info where every part is broken down right upto its attribute .

Also taxonomy table are very useful and helpful in creating family tables which are then used in print publishing requirement.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz/ simona,

Thanks for sharing your views on the topic, I have a scenario:

We use Logistic Company codes in all most all repositories. We maintain Logistic Company codes in Lookup tables (sub tables) of each repsoitory.

Now, according to my understanding from your reply, can i maintain single Qualified table for Logistic Company codes from where i can access all the company codes for all the repository data.

I don't know if i'm talking a valid point or it could be a stupid question.

Please guide me.

Cheers

Srihari Reddy

Edited by: srihari reddy on Dec 17, 2008 11:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cross repository communication is not possible in MDM 5.5.So u cannot maintain same look up for all repositories.Each will have its own.

In MDM 7.1 multiple main table can share same look ups.

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Qualified tables are multi valued wherein the fields show certain dependencies on each other.

It comprises of nonqualifier fields and qualifer fields.

Say for eg you have a qualified table for vendor contact details.

Here the country can be a non qualifier field and the telephone no along with other details like code and all can be qualifiers.Depending on the country non qualifier the qualifier values will vary.

Taxonomy is an enhanced hierarchy table wherein you can have the categories and subcategories along with various attributes.These attributes can be multivalued and hence help to form a data model which is highly complex and at the same time very useful in the case of applications like catalog management.

You can refer to the below link for more information

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/8e/9f9c427055c66ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz