cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Changes in Provider.XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Mine is a File to XI to JDBC[SQL SERVER] scenerio. Certain JAR files were missing in the JDBC application, so I had to follow the PDF file: How To Installand Configure ExternalDrivers for the JDBC & JMS Adapters which instructed me to download the msbase.jar, mssqlserver.jar, msutil.jar [ from MS SQL VENDOR ] as well as the aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda from the path

/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<SYSNO>/SDM/root/origin/

sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.jmsproviderlib/SAP AG/3.0.0220040608173429.0000/aii_af_jmsproviderlib .sda and unzipped and put the .JAR files in them ,and put the jar files name in provider.XML file and again zipped and converted it to a .SDA folder.

Now my query is the PDF is asking to DEPLOY it using SDM, but I wish to know, prior to that, will I replace the .com/com.sap.aii.af.jmsproviderlib.SDA in the path /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<SYSNO>/SDM/root/origin/

sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.jmsproviderlib/SAP AG/3.0.0220040608173429.0000/aii_af_jmsproviderlib .sda , with the newly modified aii_af_jmsproviderlib .sda carrying the JAR files and the updated provider.XML file??

Regards,

Arnab .

Modertors, can u comment , is this the right forum to ask this question?

Edited by: Arnab Mondal on Dec 17, 2008 7:37 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to deploy the required JDBC drivers for the database before making connection. Ask the database provider or your vendor for the divers. That should be deployed using SDM tool

Start visual admin of XI and select service "Deploy" and then select option "Deploy and start" to select file and deploy it

now here is the steps to deploy this module.

How to deploy adapter module in production

Three option available:

1. Using SDM

2. Using Visual Admin

3. Using NW development studio (Not available for Production)

We will use Visual Admin u201CDeployu201D deploy service to deploy EAR file of adapter module.

Steps:

1. Goto VM->Deploy service

2. Select option u201CDeploy and startu201D

3. Select EAR file provided for deployment

4. Restart the service.

5. Done

Former Member
0 Kudos

sandeep, I agree with you, but, my actual query was do I need to replace the file in the given path from which i extarcted it initially, and then go for the deployment process, or staright away go for this deployment process!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Directly go to Deployment Process

regards

Ganga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many Thnaks to all of you.

Regards,

Arnab!