cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy From PRD to DEV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am a BW functional consultant and am facing a situation wherein the BW PRD client needs to be copied to the BW DEV. My query is what are the prerequisites for this in terms of hardware and s/w ? is it possible to perform this w/o copying the extracted data from PRD to DEV- that is i only need to copy the modelling in PRD to DEV- is it doable ? Plz note that the PRD is a very active system and is being extensively used.

Regards,

Saurabh Diwakar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Technically this could be (easily) done using a systemcopy:

http://service.sap.com/systemcopy

You can "just" import an offline or online (more work) backup from the production system, no necessity to touch the PRD system.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.

The scenario is such that certain changes- modelling , were done directly on the PRD and not following the standard transport route from DEV ( as of now the system landscape is DEV----> PRD as the QA is down for some maintainence), so in these cases the PRD is more advanced than the DEV system. It makes new transport from DEV to PRD very difficult as one has to first thoroughly check and compare the two systems before the requests can be imported into PRD. So copying the modelling on PRD to the DEV looks like one of the options.

Regards,

Saurabh Diwakar

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, then a system copy is the way to go.

also review SAP note 130906 to keep versioning intact if you still want it.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

facing a situation wherein the BW PRD client needs to be copied to the BW DEV

What's the "situation"?

Please explain your scenario in detail... most likely is something that can be fixed without a regresh.

Regards

Juan

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not recommend copying BW-PRD to BW-DEV, you will lose version management in BW-DEV.

Also BW-PRD is probably much bigger than BW-DEV, so, this will use much more disks space.

a client copy is meaningless in BW systems, go for homogeneous system copy instead.

all in all, ask your BASIS to do this kind of analysis for you.