cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding data integrity for XI file/jdbc adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have several questions about XI data integrity for file/jdbc adapter.

Question 1 is: if the destinate file or DB is not reachable or other technical problems occur, do I have to send the message again or not?

Usually we design an bpm to comfirm whether the database or file is completed according to a response message. But it's a little complicated.

Question 2:when I use jdbc send adapter and configure select and update SQL clauses. Does XI only update the records which it select automatically? or Select and Update don;t have any relationship?

Very appreciated if you have any experience to share me.

Regards

Shen Peng

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction Handling (Sender)

o Q: If I have the following configured in a JDBC Sender:

Select Query:

SELECT column FROM TABLENAME WHERE FLAG = "TRUE"

Update Query:

UPDATE TABLENAME SET FLAG = "FALSE" WHERE FLAG = "TRUE"

How do I know that the JDBC adapter will not update newly added rows (rows that were added between the time that the SELECT and UPDATE queries were executed) that were not read in the initial SELECT query?

o A: The SELECT and the UPDATE are run in the same DB transaction, i.e. both statements have the same view on the database.

Make sure that both statements use the same WHERE clause. An additional requirement for the correct operation of this scenario is the configuration of an appropriate transaction isolation level on the database (i.e., repeatable_read or serializable). You might also consider using a "SELECT FOR UPDATE" statement instead of a plain SELECT statement to ensure proper locking on the database.

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

if the destinate file or DB is not reachable or other technical problems occur, do I have to send the message again or not?

XI try to send message 3 times after 5 min time interval, if till connectivity problem then error message. now you have to send it mannually.

when I use jdbc send adapter and configure select and update SQL clauses. Does XI only update the records which it select automatically? or Select and Update don;t have any relationship?

Both Select and Update are diffrent action. XI will update record based on key matching value that you have to pass. On the basis of Key value record would be updated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Question 1 is: if the destinate file or DB is not reachable or other technical problems occur, do I have to send the message again or not?

If the DB is not reachable then message will be found in the inbound side. you can found them in the adapter. Goto RWB -> Message monitoring -> select status System error and search . there you will find your messages. select you message and resend them

Question 2:when I use jdbc send adapter and configure select and update SQL clauses. Does XI only update the records which it select automatically? or Select and Update don;t have any relationship?

XI never does updation automatically, Update is done only based on the SQL update query which you have written in the sender channel.

SELECT statement is used just to pick the values from the table and based upon the query which you want to UPDATE in SQL . data is updated

Regards,

sandeep

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do I have to send the message again or not?

Messages that could not be delivered will be present in adapter engine and could be viewed under RWB -> Message monitoring -> System error status. You may resend it from there.

Does XI only update the records which it select automatically?

No. Update is done based on Update query in sender channel.

or Select and Update don;t have any relationship?

They don't have any relationship technically. But usually the field value, based on which records are selected, is updated in the update query.

Regards,

Prateek