cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to confirm changes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

An object has been changed and imported from different xi system to our dev system in IR.As i learned that repository objects are activated automatially immediately after import,so i am thinking to export this changed object to export path (inorder to import into quality system).

Q.What is the way to confirm whether the changes implemented automatically or not in that object?

I have seen the history of that object which doesnt show any record of current change. So, i am just confused whether to export or not?

Please help !!

Regards,

Suresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Suresh,

You can findout the status of the object at right side of the ID/IR corner. Here it gives the status as Active if it is already activated.

Regards

Goli Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for your answer. I can see the Status is blank(In Tools-->find transport, in transported objects tab,when i click on the object,i can see the status is blank).But when i open the object under the swcv,namespace level its showing active. Even there is no object i find in change list to activate(proably because as it is IR object)

Plz confirm whether changes been implemented or not?

Thanks,

Suresh.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Make sure that no one else has done any changes after you have activated the object

2) Go to Environment --> Cache Status Overview...here you will find all the successful and error ed messages...if you find any list with red symbol just click on it and do "Repeat Cache Notification".

3)

Tools-->find transport, in transported objects tab,when i click on the object,i can see the status is blank

It determines the status in the transport list...normal....and since your status in namespace is showing active there no need to worry, your object is imported successfully and is active and ready to be used ......you can even check for objects successfully imported by others and see for yourself the status will be blank....

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

you need to activate the ID objects so login to ID and click on the search button and from the drop down select tranport object and search

This will show you the transported objects,

Regards

Sandeep

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Whenever exporting IR objects you dont need to activate it in QA or PRD. But ID objects needs to be activated because of configuration changes in CC.

To find the exported object you can always click on Find transports, By default it will not show any list. You need to click on the Search Button in order to see the list.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

If you open any object you can see the status of the object in the right hand corner . There is a field called "Status" , that can have two values.They are :

1."Active" : if the object is in this state, then whatever changes made to this object are vissible to other users and the object can be transported at any time.

you can open the history of the object only if it is in "Active" state.

2."Being Processed" : if the object is in this state , then you need to activate the object so that changes are vissible to others and status will also changes to active .

Regards,

Laawanya