cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI for HTML on MC9090 WM5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I'm playing with a MC9090 Handheld and would like to know if it's possible to access SAP (ECC6) through the GUI for HTML interface from a Netweaver Portal environment or else directly to ECC if this is the only way it can work.

Currently when I enter the ECC address on the Handheld, I get the Netweaver Portal screen, enter my credentials and get a blank screen (if I do the same on my laptop, I directly get a SAP session). On the Handheld, I'm running Windows Mobile 5 and attempting to access ECC through Pocket IE. I tried with another browser (Opera) but then I get a message when attempting to display ECC that the page is incompatible with the browser.

Any information around software setup, handheld config (or Portal or ECC) I would need to perform ot make this work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Michel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michel,

Full desktop browsing is expected to come to PIE before second half next year for Windows Mobile 6.1 and Windows Mobile 6.5 (yet to be released). Till that time we cannot use GUI for HTML on PIE of Windows Mobile devices.

In Opera Mobile 9.5 - use opera:config to change / spoof the user agent to Desktop IE6 (agent id 3 if I am not wrong). This should allow you to use GUI for HTML, but some fuctionalities willbe broken - thanks to browser specific coding!

Regards,

Veera

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

the IE that comes with Windows Mobile or Windows CE is not capable to render the complex pages of SAP GUI for HTML. But even when the browser could do it, you would be not happy with it. The SAP screens are designed for a resolution of at least 1024x768. Far more a mobile device can offer today.

Best regards,

Klaus