cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAMANAGER + Webservice providing and consuming problems!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to create a webservice out of a function module in ABAP. For testing the workaround I have built a very simple function module (RFC) and created in SE80 the service definition.

Then I started the transaction "SOAMANAGER" and chose the service definition that I created before. Then I created an endpoint/binding for it and saved successfully. Then I opened in the tab Overview the WSDL-Document for this binding. I copied the URL of this WSDL and went back to the ABAP Workbench.

In the transaction SE80 in my package I created with this URL a Consumer-Proxy. Then I turned back to the SOAMANAGER and chose this Consumer-Proxy and built a logical port for it. I saved it successfully again.

Now I have a problem:

When I go back to the SE80, choose this ready Client Proxy Object and test it (directly with F8 or in an own report for it) I get an error message:

SOAP:1.031 SRT: Empty SOAP Message received

What can be the problem? I am able to consume external services without problems!! But services out of function modules do not run.

What do I need for running them? Is a Java Stack with a registry necessary for it? I don't have one!! But I think, when I have a WSDL with an endpoint, that must be enough, right?

The same problem occurs when I want to use a standard service of SAP in SOAMANAGER. I don't have an Enterprise Services Repository (ESR). Do I need that for it?? But I think I can use the service interfaces in the SE80 --> Enterprise Services Browser or in SOAMANAGER without ESR!?

I would be so happy if someone could help me.

I did read so much of documents and sap.help sites yet. It would be nice if someone could describe me my mistakes or the right workaround for this problem.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,

Ingmar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I Have the same problem, how did you solve it plesee?

I have an external Web service wich it works under SOAPui, but when I generate a Proxy and a port in SAP using the WSDL file , and then i try to test it I have this error message.

SOAP:1 031 SRT: Empty SOAP message received

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ingmar,

to run an WAS ABAP SOAP runtime based webservice (i.e. what you have created) you don't need an ESR, a Java stack, whatsoever. Your WAS ABAP is enough.

To identify your problem systematically it would be very helpful if you separated provisioning and consumption of the service and if you generally found an 'objective' testing environment (taking into account networking issues, authorization issues, and so on).

So, my suggestion is to get yourself any independent webservice/SOAP client you can easily get familiar with (e.g, XMLSpy, SOAP UI or simply a VB development environment, whatever you like...; my Choice is SOAPUI) and test the service provisioning first.

if you have done this you either know that your service doesn't work, or your client doesn't work.

My 2 cents,

anton