Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Mapping doubt

former_member191528
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

We have to perform value mapping for the following scenario

Depending on the set of inputs which are Dest12, Dest13, Dest14 we need to select the specific URL's

i.e.

Dest12 www.abc.com

Dest13 www.cde.com

Dest 14 www.def.com

After selecting the "Edit Value mapping Agencies"

I was prompted to add new group for each

Sender 1 -> URL1 GRP1

Sender 2 -> URL 2 GRP2

Sender 3 -> URL 3 GRP3

Even when i created groups with same name. It created the 4 different groups. Is there a way to resolve this issue and how can we better manage it in Prod Environment. We have 20 different Sender Values do this mean we will ahve 20 different entries for Value mapping Group.

Truly appreciate your assistance.

Thanks.

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

As per my knowledge , For each value pair, the value mapping generates a unique Alphanumeric Group number.

Even if you provide same group name for all entries in your case, you will still see the same number of objects in the change list same as the number of entries. Its little weird but that how it is. May be we have to understand the deep down working mechanism of the Value mapping to understand it clearly.

Thanks,

Pooja

former_member191528
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Pooja !! Appreciate your help. In our TEST environment we would be processing data using value mapping for all agenices and in Production we will creating unique value mapping groups for specific destination ID's.

Answers (0)