cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Classification in GTS

Former Member

Dear Friends,

SAP-GTS Help says:

"SAP Customs Management lets you classify the products that you have transferred from your feeder system in the nomenclature of goods. In the classification process, you choose a tariff number from the systematically structured nomenclature of goods and assign it to your product."

Does this means that GTS can propose the HTS code OR Schedule B codes and ECCNs for the items we transfer from R/3 to GTS?

If yes how does the system correlates with the Manufacturer's part number & description to evolve Customs Classification Codes?

My client has around 10000 items in the item master and wants to know how can I make the system correlate and give them the right customs classifications. They say lots of items they have never classified earlier.

Can some one help me understand how does this work? I am little confused as this is my second project in GTS.

Appreciate some early help

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

GTS cannot propose the HS code or ECCN by itself. We can only assign/choose from the available HS/ECCN numbers inside GTS.

The SAP description actually means -->"SAP Customs Management lets you classify the products that you have transferred from your feeder system in the nomenclature of goods" means GTS lets you to assign HS/ECCN values for those products that we had transfered from the Feeder system.

Regards,

Vasanth.

Edited by: Vasantha Kumar Balasubramani on Dec 18, 2008 3:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth

Thank you very much. That means do we have to have the tariff codes assigned in R/3 Material Master -Foreign Trade View before transferring the materials to GTS?

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

Need not to be assigned in the FT view of Material Master. We can assign the Tariff Code in GTS itself thru the path GTS CockPit -- >SAP Customs Management - > Classification -->Tariff Code Numbers -->Maintain Tariff Code Numbers.

And I believe the Value from FT view will not be carried over through the standard transfer from the feeder system. The commodity codes and Tariff codes have to be migrated via the std report programs provided by GTS for MAEX and MARC tables.

Thank You,

Vasanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vasanth,

I have a question regarding ECCN and HTS numbers update in GTS. We feed HTS and GTS number in our ECC system,( these are Zfileds). Every night a batch job picks up new and changed materials from ECC and update GTS. After this job we have another job (for Z program) which creates unix files for ECCN and HTS numbers for changed or new materials. On GTS side STD GTS programs /SAPSLL/MAEX_UPLOAD_R3 and

/SAPSLL/MARC_UPLOAD_R3, take input from these unix files and update material master in GTS.

Now the problem is some times ECCN numbers and HTS are not getting updating in GTS so some materials are without ECCN and HTS numbers in GTS which causes block in GTS. I don't know how many materials in GTS are without HTS and ECCN numbers. Do you know if we can find materials in GTS without ECCN and HTS numbers? None of the job failing but still sometime (don't know when) Materials on GTS side does not getting updated.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Renu Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

For ECCN in GTS Main Menu under SAP compliance mgmt --->Classification Master data.

you will find a option to Clasiify via Worklist based on your legal regualtion you can have the list of material here which is not classified for the ECCN.

lll'y for For HTS unde SAP Customs mgmt-->Classify prodcut via worklist,based on your legal regualtion you can have the list of material here which is not classified for the Tarrif code.

Kind Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renu Garg,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Are you sure the standard programs MAEX and MARC upload - Updates/classifies your product ?

or do they upload only the ECCN's and HTS Numbers pertaining to their Numbering Schemes in the DB tables ?

Uploading the classification values in the GTS and Maintaining(Assigning) the classification numbers are two different things. Please do check this.

As replied by Sameer - we can get the list of unclassified products via standard work list transaction or if you need a better audit trail of your classification update to a product - Can leverage the standard Application Log(SLG0) to build log - so that when ever your upload programs succesfully assigns / fails, that can be logged and displayed.

Thank You,

Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello team ,

Can you please suggest, can we classify the product ECCN and HTS number IN SAP GTS?

If you answer is Yes, please help me with steps?

If your answer is NO, then how will process with the classification?

I have interview please help me

Message was edited by: Prakash M

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Renu,

The problem we have is that a missing HTS code IS NOT blocking in GTS. We'd like to have it work that way.Could you share what config you have done to get this block on HTS please?

Thanks

Answers (0)