cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal lock version management : Unable to copy objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL

We need help with this particular problem we are facing with our ID objects....

I am unable to copy my communication channels which i was able to do it earlier without any problem...just to make it easy while developing new object...we used to make a copy and edit...instead of creating new scratch.

However, now we are facing a problem once we try activating any copied object, here is the error message we are getting...

"Version management was unable to execute the last action because a temporary internal lock has been set. Repeat the action "

This is not a user lock....we checked that, please do let us know how we can fix this ...so that we may be able to copy and activate copied object without the above error.

Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,

Partrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you refresh the Caches?

Check if the version exists in different change list. Then also it can have issues.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I checked SXI_CACHE as well as cache notifications in ID...both places its green.

Right now its not just copy...we are unable to activate any objects...in IR & ID

Thanks,

Patrick

Edited by: Patrick Jones on Dec 16, 2008 9:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its Weird but it can happen if you copy object whose previous version is still not activated. I still think you must check with all the change lists. or bring all to PISUPER and activate them.

Oops then i think it got locked for all. Refresh the cache and even soft restart for J2EE.

I think you copy a lot

Thanks

Gaurav

Edited by: Gaurav Bhargava on Dec 17, 2008 1:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! Gaurav

Problem solved....would they have been any other way other than soft restart to see what was holding up the activation.

Thanks again,

Patrick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick

I think visual admin logs should help to find root cause for these locks as they are on Java Stack.

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (0)