cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any EDI scenario example?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im in need of a edi scenario example, like a how-to guide.

Any end to end scenario with EDI adapter like step by step is highly appreciated.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Available 3rd Party Adapters and Adapter Modules for SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 provided by SAP via Reseller Agreement

As in the past, SAP continues to rely also for SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 on partners to provide connectivity solutions for other applications and certain industry standards. With regards to adapters and adapter modules SAP has currently reseller agreements with the companies Informatica, iWay, and SEEBURGER. The connectivity solutions that are covered by the reseller agreements are sold and delivered through SAP, and also technical support for these partner solutions is available via the SAP Support Portal.

SEEBURGER

From the company SEEBURGER all adapters that are covered by the reseller agreement between SAP and SEEBURGER are already certified for SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1; to be more specific, the following SEEBURGER adapters for SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 that are covered by the reseller agreement are available:

Technical EDI Adapters

AS2 (EDIINT/HTTP(S))

OFTP (OFTP / ISDN, OFTP / TCPIP)

VAN Access (P7 / X.400, VAN FTP)

Business EDI Adapters

Generic EDI

Protocol converter for OFTP / ISDN or VAN Access

Data format converter for ANSI X12, EDIFACT

Mapping templates for purchase order, invoice etc.

Payment

Protocol converter for OFTP / ISDN, VAN Access

Data format converter for EDIFACT, SWIFT

Mapping templates for payment orders, debit advice etc.

Industry specific EDI Adapters

Aerospace & Defense

Automotive

Chemicals

Consumer Products

High-Tech

Paper

Pharmaceutical

Retail

Handling EDI interfaces using Seeburger BIC modules

Regards

sandeep

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivasakthi,

Basically there are different ways of Implementing EDI to SAP scenario.

As SAP XI does not have any adapter which can be used for picking the EDI files SAP has recommended to use the following third party adapters.

You can use any of the following adapters:

1) Seeburger Adapters

2) Conversion Agent

3) Open Source EDI based adapter.

Note: Prior you start the scenario u need to take care that the following adapters should be intalled in SAP XI (i.e java engine)

Seeburgger is one of the mostly used adapter for EDI based scenarios for which u need .SDM files

provided by seeburger

Hope this might give u a clue to go with EDI based scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sainath,

Thanks.

But im not clear with the BIC modules. In some cases i see that its added and in some other cases no modules are added. Where does Seeburger BIC come in to the picture can you please clarify?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

In the first link you have specified the author says " check BIC Adapter for XI30 Setup Guide " but im not able to find this. Can you give me the link for this guide?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to use the AS2 adapter for conversion, do i still need to use the BIC module?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you need to configure the module for AS2

Guide for configuring Seeburger will be available with installation.

This gives more info

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00f9cdf5-d812-2a10-03b4-aff3bbf7...

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for the reply, but still i would like to have a proper scenario for example for configuring the mdn, ackowledgements and what are the modules to be added etc.There is no clarity in many of the documents i went through. Its not sequenced like a step by step ...u know..