cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project cancelled - Dealing with commitments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

We have a situation where a project has been cancelled. We have a maintenance order that is attached to an activity, which we have now set to TECO. We have an open PO with partial GR, which we also want to close now. To do so, we set the "Final invoice" indicator in the PO. Even after doing this, we are getting an error that there are commitment items, and this preventing us from closing the project.

Could you point out a possible flaw in our processes? Also, could you please point out the right procedure to follow to take care of commitment items before closing a project unexpectedly. Please provide T Codes for relevant steps and reports, since I'm not very strong in either MM or PS.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate your time.

Edited by: Pradeep Alluri on Dec 16, 2008 5:41 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put tick on "Delivery Completed" Indicator under Delivery tab of PO. This wil close the commitment due to partial GR.

Venkat.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can teco a project even if there is a commitment but system wont allow to close the project, for closing you have to reduce all the coomitments.

TECO doesnt mean to reduce commitment, to reduce commitment search for open PR, PO, Prd.order or any work order or any reservation linked to NWA or WBS element. If they are then short close them and then check.

You can use txn me5j or me2j.

Or you can directly open 533 report and select commitments and go to callup report.

Hope this help you.

Regards

Abhinay Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhinay,

Your answer was very helpful. Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Project consist of many WBS and activities. The PO is created from PS i.e. from the network/activity.

You have to fist technically complete these activities and WBS from which the commitment is triggered i.e PO.

Then you have to technically complete the whole project and then you have to close it.

Once you technically completes the network and/or activities system will automatically cancel the commitments and release the reserved budget too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashant,

Thanks for your response. At what point will the automatic canel of commitments occur? Will this happen after only after the WBS elements and the whole project are TECOed, in addition to TECOing the individual activity that created the commitment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Commitments occur

In Purchasing, due to:

Purchase requisitions (purchase requisition commitment) define the internal requirement for a material or a service. Purchase requisitions have a control function and you change them at any time.

Purchase orders (purchase order commitment):

Purchase orders are contractual requests to a vendor, to supply certain goods or services according to the agreed conditions. No short-term, unilateral changes can be made.

Once full GR/ Service entry is done then commitment become zero for that PO.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/86/98853478616434e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Venkat