cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle offline backup in cluster setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have installed CRM 2007 on windows and oracle 10g with High availability setup (cluster) and currently in the process of Post-Installation.

As part of post installation, I have to apply support patches. Before that I wanted to take one backup of the system and tried taking the offline backup. My SAP and DB resources are on Node A and before starting the backup I have gone through the "Note 378648 - Offline backup support with Oracle Fail Safe"

and have set the environment varaibles on both Node A and Node B.

Have started the backup from DB13 and initially backup started and DB resource went offline and backup started and files are getting backedup in the path given. But immediately all DB resources came online on Node A and was able to login to SAP. Strange part is even after DB was online backup continued to copy the files in menitoned path and at the end backup completed with errors stating that instance was started during the offline backup and could not start already running instance.

Online backup is working fine. Please suggest how to sort out this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have successfuly configured Standalone gateway and now it is fine.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The good news is that your cluster works perfectly for fail overs !

The bad news is that, there is something wrong in your configuration because the database was not set offline as a cluster ressource. Do you have a standalone gateway on the Oracle node ?

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oilver,

Thanks for the reply. I have just installed CRM 2007 ABAP+JAVA instance. Did not install any standalone gateway. Is it mandatory to install it for offline backup in cluster setup. If yes, then do I need to install it on both the nodes separately or it also has to be installed in cluster.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The standalone gateway has to be installed as a cluster resource in the database group because it is used by the abap stack to communicate with the database resource and for example to set the database outside of the cluster for offline backup....

Regards,

Olivier