cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : Output documents for Mailbox?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issue where in the client request is as below.

"I want to know if there is fax or other software, required to be

installed on a users desktop to be able to send documents to the

mailbox.

I have sent billing docs to this output device, but they do not appear

in the inbox.

Do we need to install Fax or other software, to enable billing document print requests ( VF02, VF03, VF31 ) from SAP system, to send PDF versions of SAP billing documents to be emailed to the above mail account ?

The output device is " SUN-KCP-CCB-FAX "

Could anybody please guide me on this issue on how to do this & is there any configuration that we have to do it.

Thanks in advance,

MP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

This question has been dealtmany times. Pls search in the forum before posting the thread.

When you mean fax, the O/p will be triggered to the fax machine. Why would it come to the mail box?

O/p type will come to the mail box only if the transmission medium is maintained as external send in the O/p type.

Also in the O/p control prog of that O/p, you will have to put a code sothat the system picks up the mail id maintained in the sold-to / ship-to partner & will trigger the mail to that mail address.

In the condition records alsao you will have to select external send as transmission meduim.

If you want to fax the O/p then again in the O/p control prog you will have to put a logic that the system picks the fax number of the partner to whom you want to send the O/p.

Fax O/p will go to fax machine (like how print O/p is sent to printer) & mail O/p will be sent to inbox. Fax O/p will never go into mailbox.

Regards,

Sivanand

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivanand,

Thanks for your reply..I did send a mail to the client about the External send option.

But he is still asking me about the same.This was his repy..

" Thanks for the clarification on the sap config side, but this doesn't

answer my original question.

DOES THE USER OF THIS MAIL ACCOUNT NEED TO INSTALL ANY SOFTWARE ON

THEIR DESKTOP PC TO SEND THE DOCUMENTS"

Could you please suggest what needs to be done..

Regards,

MP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Fax Output will be triggered to the fax machine. For that your BASIS people need to configure Fax machine just like printer.

Output will come to the mail box only if the transmission medium is maintained as external send in the VV31 T Code. Or you can select it manually in billing document.

If your Client is not able to get the output of PDF file then check the Adobe version in his/her desktop.

Also in the output print program, you will need to code the logic of fetching the mail id maintained in the Customer master or the required location & will trigger the mail to that mail address.

Check the status of your output in VF03, if its green/processed then go to T Code SOST and process that required mail/output.