cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

files in Archive folder having limited access rights

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi forum,

i am using a File->XI scenario, where file is picked from a folder say XP1, and archived (as per configuration in the sender channel) to another folder say Archive, and subsequently sent to Integration server,

the case is, the files in the Archive folder has the owner XP1ADM with access rights rw_ _ _ _ _ _ _,

as a result, i cannot view the files in the Archive folder, as i m using a a user-id which is different from XP1ADM, -

(i am required to view these files - mandatory requirement)

for information, the UMASK of XP1ADM is 022 (found by typing the command UMASK in it shell),

hence, according to me, the files should have access rights 644 (since UMASK is 022), but the files are having access rights 600,

can you please tell me why it is so,

please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sugata

for developement the developer must be assigned some roles which you can ask to your BASIS guy to assign those roles

Ask your BASIS guy to give you the rights to access files

These are the minimum authorization need by a developer

Role: SAP_XI_Developer

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER (Composite)

SAP_SLD_DEVELOPER

SAP_XI_DEMOAPP

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_ABAP

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE

once the role is assigned to you , you can access the files

for more details on role follow this link

http://www.erpgenie.com/sap/netweaver/xi/xiauthorizations.htm

regards

sandeep

varun_k
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sugata Basu,

Ask you Network Admin to give full access to the Archive folder or as you said 644 access. So that you have full Permission. So I think your rights should be changed from 600 to 644.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sugata

XP1ADM will be archiving the files and its default behavior. Your administrator has to set the permissions group for the ID you use for this folder similar to XP1ADM.

UMASk can show 022 but if you use some tools like FileZilla or any FTP client to access these files you will find changes in file permissions. Suggestion is dont go by the access rights based on UMASK

Just ask the admin to provide same access rights to the ID you have.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gaurav, thanks fro the reply,

i guess even if i keep the user in XPIADM's group, it wont do any good.....as access rights for group in 600 is 0,

-

correct me if i m worng....

anyways i didnt understand your reply---->

<<Your administrator has to set the permissions group for the ID you use for this folder similar to XP1ADM.>>

thanks

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to add the user you are using to the access rights of the archive folder. XI has got nothing to do there. Contact your network admins.

VJ