cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in creating and reading a file from c drive in 12.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to read a file from a folder in c drive and then create a file in a same folder.

I created one action block. In which i am passing a path i.e "C:/sample/<file name>"

The code works fine in 11.5. But in 12.0 , its giving me error,Unknown error occured;server returned http response code:500 for URL http://<servername>:500000/xMII/runner

How we can read and write a file at any path in MII 12.0.

Thanks

Vishal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My questoni is still unanswered.

I need to read a file from a folder in c drive and then create a file in a same folder.

I created one action block. In which i am passing a path i.e "C:/sample/<file name>"

The code works fine in 11.5. But in 12.0 , its giving me error,Unknown error occured;server returned http response code:500 for URL http://<servername>:500000/xMII/runner

How we can read and write a file at any path in MII 12.0.

Thanks

Vishal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need the user the server is running under to have the proper authority to the directory.

You will also need any network drives you want to use mounted for that user.

You sould also check the format of your path, as this is os dependant, ie backslash(\) on windows, forward slash(/) on unix. This may explain your error as the code may be interpreting you path as a URL.

Contact the IT resource that owns the server and understand the security settings on the server. I have run into many instances of file level security.

There are quite a few threads on the subject so a little searching may help.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

It could be any of a hundred different errors, but you need to look into the logs to find the specific Java exception that is being thrown. This will help diagnose the cause and make it easier to suggest a solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to create and read the files from D drive.

I think its not giving access to the files on C drive. But anyhow my purpose is solved.

Thanks for all the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please need some on this post.

I will be grateful for some immediate solution.

thanks,

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

What kind of file are you reading and why did you need to create an action block? What is the file size?

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to create and store xml and pdf file on c drive.

Also we need to refer an XML file from c drive.

Thanks,

Vishal

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

What service release of MII are you using?

Are you using the standard action blocks for xml and pdf files?

Are you working on a clustered server?

Why do the files need to be on the c:\ drive? Are they being used by MII only or are there other applications or users that need access? Can you use a file server for your purposes?

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement is as below.

We need to create an customize xml using some other xmls.

Than using the generated xml,we need to generate an pdf report.

Then we need to sent this pdf report for printing.

I have created a custom action block using java.

This code takes path of xml and generates a pdf report.

It than creates a report at particular location.

This code is working fine in xMII 11.5. As we can store/ create files at any location.

But not working in 12.0. I donu2019t know why?

Is their way around in 12.0 by which we can achieve this functionality.

Thanks,

Vishal J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Even I am trying to save a file in a local drive.

I am using MII v12. I need to store a CSV file in C:/ drive.

From there that file will be copied to another system drive in the same network by windows scheduler.

This is needed for some data availablity in case of server crash.

Is there a way to store a file in a local drive in v12 as it was possible with v11.5?

When I tried with C:/abc.csv, I got the error "Access is denied".

Thanks,

Nalini

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really dont know how we can store and use a file from local drive.

But their might be some solution, MII inbuilt action like write file and image saver do the same thing.

we need to check those.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vishal,

Please go to the About screen and report the build number for your 12.0 installation. There have been six service releases for version 12.0. It would be helpful to know which one you are using.

Nalini,

I would suspect that you have a credentials problem. Also same question on service releases.

Regards,

Mike