cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roll Back in MDM Workflow (for simulation mode)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I just have the following question concerning the following scenario.

The creation of master data shall be a kind of simulated where the user can decide weather to activate the data or not.

This sounds like check-out and check in or roll back functionality. I created a test workflow saying check-out > process> stop step with roll back.

The master data user has the permission to add and modify checked out records so that he has to user the "check-out new records" option for creating the data.

Now the workflow is triggered by the creation but the roll back does not happen. The created checkout record remains checked out and even the changes made during the workflow process step are not beeing rolled back.

The import manager uses another checkout option. The records are checked out before the workflow is launched during the import. So when I roll back here, the record will not be saved.

It would be nice, to have such a funtionality in the data manager as well..

Any workarounds?

Thanks in advance

Points for sure 🐵

Carsten

Edited by: Carsten Hofmann on Dec 16, 2008 1:22 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

I have checked it .Rollback in MDM Workflow is working properly in the data manager too.

Thanks

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

MDM Workflows will work only on the records present in the repository. Even when you use the Checkout/Workflow option of Import manager, it will first create a record and then execute the workflow assigned for the property Checkout/Workflow.

Rollback functionality of stop step will only rollback the changes made in the Checked out record but it will not rollback the entire record. To test this, create a record and then move this record into the workflow having Checkout set at the stop step and change the values of the fields and at last set the Rollback property of the stop step of the workflow. Once the workflow will get completed, all the changes will be rolled back.

Just remember the statement

Workflow can only be executed on the records present in the repository.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja