cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Re trigger the workflows when Event linkage was deactivated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Workflow Experts.

Recently Event Linkage for one of my workflow got deactivated in Production system.

After a week we came to know that, this workflow is not working.We checked and found the Event linkage was inactive. We activated it again.

But, my concern is that, what about all those workflows which should have been triggered in between the duration from the workflow got deactivated and(after one week) activated again. And this workflow not triggered for many object instances.

Can someone answer to my following questions.

1) There are around 1500 object instances for which the above workflow not triggered, becuase the event linkage was inactive for this workflow for one week. Do i need to manually trigger the event once again for these object instances using transaction SWUE or these will be triggered automatically.

2) Is Transaction SWEQADM (Event Queue Administrator) will be helpful for me to trigger the events again for all my Object instances.

2) To avoid this in future, What should i do to get notified when the Event linkage for any workflow is deactivated.

Please reply to me as early as possible.

I would be happy even if you provide some info which would be helpful for me to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Chetan S K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193382
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SWUE,

enter the BO name, event name, object key, Event parameter (If any) and click on create event.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm afraid you have no other choice than triggering the events manually with SWUE. Given the number of events you have to re-trigger it is probably worth trying to do this with a mass upload tool (i.e. LSMW) or writing a specific program to do it using function module SAP_WAPI_<something>(sorry, I don't remember the exact name of the FM to raise an event).

About the root cause: did you find out why the event linkage was de-activated? Is it because of a transport? If you don't know the cause it is likely to be a wrong setting in SWETYPV. Please check what the value of "Behavior upon error feedback" is for your event linkage and make sure it is set to "Do not change linkage" or to "System default" (in that case make sure that in SWEQADM, tab Basic data, the receiver error feedback is set to "Do not change linkage")

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you for your valuable responses.

Hi,

In SWE2 transaction i checked the Event Linkage, "Behaviour upon error feedback" is set to system Defaults. And in the transaction SWEQADM : "Receiver erro feedback" is set to " Deactivation of linkage".

-

I wanted to know, what is exact meaning, if "Receiver erro feedback" is set to " Deactivation of linkage".

in SWEQADM transaction under Basic Data tab? Will system sends the email notification to workflow administrator's SAP inbox saying the Event linkage is deactivated for the workflow XYZ.....?

I am very much interested in knowing, how to get the email notification when the event linkage is deactivated for any workflow in the sytem. so, that i can avoid re triggering events again in future. What kind of settings i need to do for this?

And if i set the "Receiver erro feedback" to "Do not change linkage" in SWEQADM, then whatever may be the case, the event linkage for workflows will not be deactivate. right??

I also have some concerns for not to set the value to "Do not change the linkage" because, Event linkage gets deactivate if there is any Binding problem with the workflow or if the task is missing in the workflows. So, its better to have Deactivation of linkage option, So, that wrong workflow will not trigger and workflow administrator gets the notification about it.

Regards,

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

wanted to know, what is exact meaning, if "Receiver erro feedback" is set to " Deactivation of linkage".

in SWEQADM transaction under Basic Data tab? Will system sends the email notification to workflow administrator's SAP inbox saying the Event linkage is deactivated for the workflow XYZ.....?

I am not quite sure you would receive a message saying that the event linkage was de-activated. But you would probably receive an error message in your inbox about the individual workflow error (which caused the event linkage to de-activate)

And if i set the "Receiver erro feedback" to "Do not change linkage" in SWEQADM, then whatever may be the case, the event linkage for workflows will not be deactivate. right??

Absolutely right

I also have some concerns for not to set the value to "Do not change the linkage" because, Event linkage gets deactivate if there is any Binding problem with the workflow or if the task is missing in the workflows. So, its better to have Deactivation of linkage option, So, that wrong workflow will not trigger and workflow administrator gets the notification about it.

Sorry to disagree with you on that one!

If you have the setting "Do not change the linkage" you will have more errors in the event queue. So what? At least you'll be able to reprocess them without having to re-activate the event linkage.

Cheers,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

I agreed with you and changed the setting in SWEQADM to "Do not change the linkage".

I want to know one more information from you regarding the Transaction SWEQADM.

In the transaction SWEQADM, under the tab linkages with errors,

I have 6 to 7 events listed and different numbers are appearing for each events. for example:

(BO) BUS2000116 (Event) LATEFOLLOWUPCHANGE (Linkage Status)Green (Activation)Green (Number) 2.868 (Receiver) WS90500098 (FM/Method )SWW_WI_CREATE_VIA_EVENT_IBF

What does it mean? What this 2.868 number refers to? if these are in error how to reprocess them?

Have A Nice Day at work.

Regards,

Chetan //

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

That's the number of event instances which for some reason didn't process their receiver (i.e. did not start a workflow for triggering event, did not end a workitem for terminating event, etc.)

You can find more information about this in the sap help.

KR,

Patrick