SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Digit functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

Can someone explain to me the concept of the check digit functionality and how and why this can/should be used? I am working on an assignment for a Utility Company (Gas and Elec) implementing SAP IS-U and the customer is enquiring about using the check digit functionality.

Thanks,

Sameer Aroskar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sameer,

The below link should be useful

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Check_digit

Rgds

Rajendra

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sameer,

The below link should be useful

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Check_digit

Rgds

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check Digit Functionality:

Business agreements are created at the time of move-in / transfer process. These accounts are uniquely identified by a number, the business agreement number. This number is generated by SAP CRM each time a business agreement is created using the internal number assignment. The SAP CRM Business Agreement Number is equivalent to the SAP IS-U Contract Account Number.

A check digit is required to validate that the business agreement number is correct. Furthermore, when used as a payment reference number on the customeru2019s invoice, the check digit will minimize payment errors due to mis-keyed customer reference numbers.

The format of this business agreement account number is 7 digits plus 1 check digit, totaling 8 digits. The CRM business agreement internal number assignment number range will provide the 7 digits and a check digit will be calculated based on this number. An 8 digit contract account number will be created by CRM.

Let me know if you need any clarification.

Regards,

Shiva Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

do you have any idea where do I have to implement the check digit functionality in CRM for business agreements (we are on 7.0)?

I know how to do this for contract accounts in IS-U. But where do I have to implement the coding for CRM business agreements?

Many thanks!

Alexander

0 Kudos

1. IN SAP CRM, open package u201CCRM_BUPA_FRG0130u201D in SE80.

2. Open BADI definition u201CCRM_MDBP_BUAGu201D, which contains the u201CADD_CHECK_DIGITSu201D method.

3.Create an implementation of the BADI u201CCRM_MDBP_BUAGu201D, modify the u201CADD_CHECK_DIGITSu201D method and activate the BADI.

4.Use Parameter u201CCV_BUAG_IDu201D in BADI method u201CADD_CHECK_DIGITSu201D to retrieve Business Agreement number and apply check

digit derivation algorithm to Business Agreement Number.

Regards,

Siva

0 Kudos

Siva,

many thanks,

you've helped me a lot.

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to add what Shiva mentioned Check digit can be determined based on customer specific logic. There are check digit user exits which can be implemented to determine check digit based on custom logic (For example: Check digit should be MOD10, as suffix/prefix). As far as I have seen there is check digit functionality available for Contract account and POD in SAP ISU system.

-Anand

Former Member