Did you mean: 

Cost Center in Sales Order

mvr_police
Participant

Hi to all

I would like to know about the cost center in the Sales Order,

where exactly the link is there in the sales order to cost center

how to run within the sales order

there is tab in the header itself costing, to my knowledge it is a product costing,

earliest would be appreciated

thanking you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member

Hi,

we can maintain cost center in sales order header.

IMG>SD>Basic Functions>Account Assignment/Costing>Assign Cost Centers.

Goto OVF3. click on new entries, maintain sales area, order reason (E.g 007), cost center and valid from .

Now goto VA01, enter sold-to party, material and other information.

Select the value in order reason field (E.g 007).

Now goto header details account assignment tab, you find the cost center field.

Regards,

Chandra

mvr_police
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to TCode OVF3, click on new entries, maintain sales area, order reason (E.g 102), cost center and valid from.

Now goto VA01, enter sold-to party, material and other information. From top menu bar, Goto -- header details account assignment tab, you find the cost center field.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have one issue- VA01 transaction item level material profit center is coming in Profit Center column (PC to the respective material, taking from material master).

When I cost center in header, PC relevant to that cost center is over writing in item level (material pc) profit center???

Bus do not want this scenario. Mean business want PC in item level same as Material PC.

All its working fine till last week.

We updated the Service pack 18 (FROM 17 TO 18). After version up dation we are getting this problem.

I requesting you all, please give me some idea, how can we resolve the issue.

Thanks all in advance.

Regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please se thsi notes it may use full for u.

Assign a Cost Center manually in a Sales Order (VBAK-KOSTL)

The Cost Center Determination settings is in OVF3 - but there are some cases where the Cost Center must be exceptionally changed.

If the document category for order type in IMG VOV8 is defined to be "I" which belong to order type FD - Deliv.Free of Charge, then the field cost center is active for input during transaction VA01.

Alternatively, you can specify an order reason and assign a cost center to an order reason.

However the standard SAP works only at the header level though, so it would not work if cost center is needed on the line item.

The cost center are assign for such business transactions as :

- Free deliveries

- Returns

- Deliveries of advertising materials

You can also make cost center allocation dependent on the order reason, for example:

Order reason: Damage in transit

Order reason: Free sample

Both the IMG settings are done in transaction OVF3, either with/without the order reason.

Best regards,

venkataswamy.y

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another link is through the Order reason that you put in a sales order. Each order reason can be tied to a cost center in configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

You can find the cost centre in Header details.I will give you the path:

Header>Account assignment>Cost centre.

This is the place where you can find the cost centre.

Regards,

Mohan.