cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Signature status IDENTITYUNVERIFIABLE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using a servlet that processes a submitted interactive pdf form. The form includes three signature fields which are checked for validity. Following code is involved:

IWDPDFDocumentAccessibleContext accessibleContext = WDPDFDocumentFactory.getDocumentHandler().getDocumentAccessibleContext();

accessibleContext.setPDF(inputPDF); //inputPDF : byte[] with pdf

accessibleContext.getTaskSetter().addGetSignatureTask();

IWDPDFDocument pdfDocument = accessibleContext.execute();

IWDPDFDocumentSignature[] signatures = pdfDocument.getSignature();

This always seems to result in an array of three signatures with status IdentityUnverifiable.

I added the rootcertificate for the certificate used for signing to the Trusted Anchors and added the

CRL to the list of CRL's.

I'm using Netweaver 7.0 SP 14 on RHEL 5.

Any help appreciated.

Kees Koevoets

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kess,

I'am working with Digital Signature in Form16.

I'am doing the configuration of SSL in J2ee engine but after that i'am confused whether i need to load the digital signature in Visual Admin of j2ee engine or how to get the Form16 signed digitally.

I'am unable to get a documentation on this.

Can you please tell me what is that you did after the completion of SSL in j2ee engine.

With Regards,

Pradeep.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I configured the SSL according the guidelines laid down in the configuration guide, and was able to use the secure adobe webservices needed for digital signatures. I needed this to retrieve the signatures from interactive forms that have been submitted and digitally signed by clients.

What I understood is that you want to sign a form (Form16) on the serverside, which is totally different

from what I'm doing, but according to documentation can be done programmatically in Java using the setSignatury method of the IWDPDFDocumentAccessibleContext. Preconditions are that you have added the credential for the Adobe Document Services for signing the document called "ServerSignature". After that you should be able to sign your document:

context.setSignature("ServerSignature", "mySignatureField", "Reason for signing", "", "")

Kind Regards,

Kees Koevoets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to check digital signatures you have to use SSL for the ADS connection.

BR,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your answer.

I am using SSL for using the ADS webservices. I did the configuration according

the configuration guide. I am able to retrieve the signatures from the documents but

all signatures have an a status of identity unverifiable.

Do you maybe mean I have to use IIOP over SSL in order to do the signature validation

as described in the configuration guide ? In that case I'll be needing the special SSL libraries

from SAP again as described in the ADS configuration guide.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Kees Koevoets.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kees,

Is your problem solved, We are also facing same issues?

Apart from this, if I have to set a digital signature in Form, how can I do that?

Thanks in Advance,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

My problem still remains unsolved. I can set the digital signature

using the Adobe Acrobat Reader but when I submit the form containing

the signature and I retrieve the signature I always get the same status i.e.

IDENTITYUNVERIFIABLE.

I know it is also possible to set the signature on an existing signature field

in a PDF form. All you have to do is retrieve the IWDPDFDocumentAccessibleContext from

the IWDPDFDocumentHandler and use the setSignature method on the

signature field in your form:

void setSignature(String credential, String fieldName, String reason, String location, String contactInfo)

If you happen to find some solution to the problem or have any ideas on how

to work around it would you be so kind to post it to this thread ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Kees Koevoets.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kees,

I tried using SetSignature method, in this method we have a field named Credential.

When I try to pass the credential used in ADS config, or leave it blank I am getting error: " Cannot retrieve password for Credential".

Any idea what we have to pass here?

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

As far as I can see you should be fine if you have configured your "ServerSignature" credential.

If you used this alias in the setSignatureMethod and you have entered the right password for the

P12 record you used for this credential ADS should be able to open the P12 record and retrieve the

private key from it so the document can be signed ...

Kind regards,

Kees Koevoets.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunatly after installing new ceetificates on the server we've got the same problem again when signing the document we ge " IdentityUnverifiable "

But not solution found yet .. this is pretty urgent now

Any ideas