cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to supress blank lines in smartforms...

aris_hidalgo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am showing the address of the customer in my form but I noticed that when a variable doesn't have a

value, it still shows as a blank line. For example:

Customer 123

<--- I want to remove this line

San Francisco, California.

How can we do this guys?

Thank you and take care!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To avoid this problem you should print each line using seperate text elements by adding conditions in the conditions tab of the text elements.

Regards

Karthik D

aris_hidalgo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

That is exactly what I did. For example my address line is 9 lines so I created 9 text elements and put a condition that variable must not be blank. But it still shows as a blank line.

learnsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have that condition for the text elements then I think there is one more possibility for this is the line spacing used for the text element printing. Check the style & paragraph format you are using and the line spacing. If still the problem persist, kindly get back.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

What condition you have given?

The other possible problem may be you are using text elements inside a template.

Regards

Karthik D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are u using a template if yes. its better to use a table node or u can do one thing . in template just create 1 row with as many columns u want then its size will automatically be adjusted if they are not present.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viraylab,

There are two ways by which you might clear this issue.

1. If you have created a template for the same and under that, if you have created separate rows for each field/group of fields, then you need to remove those rows, as the blank row will be displayed as it is.

2. You can directly write the code for the condense using the statement CONDENSE wa_field.

Regards,

-Syed.

Edited by: wahid hussain syed on Dec 16, 2008 11:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

For removing the blank line . in the condition tab u have to write coding like

ex:

wa_name1 <> ''.

like that u have to specify for each & every variable. and u have to create define each variable in different text box.

regards

sathsi