cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to create billing for FD (free delivery) sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a question. I created first a sales order (FD) in our sap system. but I don't know whether I need to create billing for the FD order. when I try to create billing for this FD order, SAP cannot to process it.

I also research configuration. in VOV8, SAP not set billing function.

thanks

Henry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend,

If you are trying for a free of charge delivery then no need for a billing only a sales order and delivery is enough - both the quantity is reduced and the inventory value is posted directly during PGI.

regards,

Sudhir

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This question is closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

more detail on FI process need discuss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

more interested case I found. If I use FD to create free sales order. then item type set KLN automatically. and then I enter cost center in head. after delivery post GI, inventory reduce, Expensen of cost center increase. if I use OR to create and enter TANN in Item. after delivery post GI, inventory reduce, but cost (not expense) increase...

somebody can tell me, the free delivery should be taken account as Expense or Cost?

thanks

Henry

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi henry

If you have created Free of charge delivery (FD) sales order then the item category will be KLN only.After PGI then stock level will reduce and the effect of the stock is that you are issuing stock to customer at free of charge.And as you have assigned cost center then the data will flow to the controlling area and the Financial document after PGI.

Secondly if you assign TANN as a item category and do delivery and then PGI then if the reference document is different then it will have affect as the KMN and TANN item categories doesn't have same features

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sun,

This is free of charge delivery and you are delivering customer free of cost...So SAP standard control in document type 'FD' does not posess proposed billing type in the fields under billing option

Hence you need not create a billing document in this case...

Thanks!

Preethi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As the document types name suggests, its given free for the customer, so there will be no Billing. It is usually used when we want to replace any damaged goods send prior or if we want to give some sample materials.

Regards

Vamsi Javaji.