cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario about connecting SAP via RFC. I am connecting SAP once and storing that connection in cache. Now, I have written my codes. But, I am getting this error; RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE. My code is;

class MyConnection{
  public SAPProxy1 sapProxy;
  public MyConnection(){
    sapProxy = new SAPProxy1();
    SAP.Connector.Destination destination = 
         new SAP.Connector.Destination();
    destination.AppServerHost = "...";
    destination.Client = "...";
    destination.Language = "....";
    destination.Username = "...";
    destination.Password = "...";
    destination.SystemNumber = "...";
    SAP.Connector.SAPConnection sapConnection = 
         new SAP.Connector.SAPConnection(destination);
    sapProxy.Connection = sapConnection;
    sapConnection.Open();
  }
}

And when I need to call my method;

MyConnection myConn = (MyConnection)getFromCache();
if ( myConn == null ){
  myConn = new MyConnection();
  putIntoCache(myConn);
}
else if ( myConn.sapProxy == null){
  myConn = new MyConnection();
  putIntoCache(myConn);
}
myConn.sapProxy.Z_LIST_METERIALS(...parameters...);

The summary of my code is above. There is no problem at first. Today, I have run this code without error. But after 5 or 6 hours, we got an error as "RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE". I have looked the SAP using st22 tcode. But I could not see any error message. and the error message has occured at myConn.sapProxy.Z_LIST_METERIALS() code.

I am thinking that, after 5 or 6 hours SAP connection has lost. But, because of it will take hours to test this code again, I am not sure about connection has lost. and how can I understand that my connection has lost before getting this error? What are the possiblities to get this error message another? What should I do?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's very likely that the server-side timeout closed the connection and after some hours you try working with a closed connection.

I recommend to use SAP .NET Connector's Connection Pooling feature instead. If you set the client side timeout of the Connection Pool shorter than the server side one, you won't see this error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Reiner,

I have searched forum about connection, pool, etc. I have realized that there is a documentation deal with this topics. What is that document? Any BC Series? Or another?

Thanks.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see online documentation SAP.Connector.Connection.GetConnectionFromPool() and ReturnConnection() and the overview chapter ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/SAP.NCO/NCOV2Docu/overview/Connection_pooling_and_limiting.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner,

I can not access that document. Is this document part of sdn? Can you give the full path of this url?

Thanks.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have .NET Connector installed, all its documentation is available as integrated Visual Studio help. The URL I posted is valid inside of Visual Studio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Reiner,

When I have searched ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/SAP.NCO/NCOV2Docu/overview/Connection_pooling_and_limiting.htm in .NET, I can not find this document. But, I have found;

ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/MS.MSDNQTR.2003OCT.1033/dndcom/html/sapintegration.htm

ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/MS.MSDNQTR.2003OCT.1033/dnsql7/html/sql7sapr3.htm

But, I can not find the document that you said. I have installed .NET Connector 2003, is there any other version? Or is there any other install program to see Connection Pool document? Or, is it possible to send mail this document to my mail address?

Thanks.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems that you have .NET Connector 1.x (this is usually installed to c:\Program Files\SAP\SAP .NET Connector for Visual Studio 2003). Please uninstall it and install .NET Connector 2.0.1 (this is also for VS 2003).

Answers (0)