cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documents stuck in transport dir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Im setting up a SAP content server on Windows Server 2003. On development, its installed on the same server the SAP (microsoft SQL) database resides. Production has a different server. In R/3, I've setup an archive link to the content server. Everything seems to work fine, but the documents never reach the database. They appear in the transport directory that is setup in the repository link. The logfiles of IIS stay empty, it looks like the system is configured not to use it. I've followed all the guides and now I'm running out of options.

Also, in CSADMIN, the repository keeps going from running (if I start it manually) to defined with a red light after a while.

Additional information: also if the repository is started the database is not reachable. In the logfiles it shows 'Content Repository Reports Error', although it runs fine and the IIS log files show some activity.

Anyone has any ideas?

Edited by: Martin Loohuizen on Dec 16, 2008 2:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the record, it turned out that one, but probably two issues were relevant; the most important was that the RFC SAPHTTPA which is used by contentserver refers to just the exe SAPHTTP.exe. However, the path statement in Windows didnt point to the exe dir.

Also the server was under some heavy load, it looked like the SAPHTTPA RFC didn't have enough at 20 seconds timeout. It looks fine now..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, weve narrowed it down to a webservice that doesn t respond. In SICF, the contentserver service is enabled, but unlike most other services, if I right click it and choose test, it responds with 'the page cannot be found'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need not go to SICF for content server testing.

Verify the below URL after CS installation but before creating repositories,

http://<hostname>:<portno.>/ContentServer/ContentServer.dll?serverInfo is working fine and all installation is done by using domain administrator user rights.

The commonly used port is 1090.

Anirudh,

Martin - Pls award if useful