cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File upload UI element - file path getting erased

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I am using file upload UI element in my application, while i am selecting the file from the local system the path got displayed in the to text box next to the browse button. The problem is when i perfom some operation after selecting the file the text box goes blank.

Please help me out in this issue

Regards

Vinu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinu

Yes when any action is performed the screen gets refreshed since wdModify method is called each time an action is performed.

But the resource or the file you try to upload will be still existing in the attribute binded to the resouce property of FileUpload UI element.

Since the file, the user has selected from browse button is still existing the better option is use a single button named as "SAVE" this should contain the code which should make the FileUpload UI element to be disabled which keeps an illusion for the user the file has been uploaded and just change the label of button to "UNSAVE". And also when user clicks on button "UNSAVE" enable the FileUpload UI element and change the Label to "SAVE". So that the user can again try to upload the file or any resource.

Thereby user will not come back with such issue.

Thanks

Prasad.