cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI RFC Sender Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

When configuring the communication channel for an RFC sender in XI, do I need to refer to the sending SAP system (e.g. R/3) or the XI system in the "RFC Server Parameter" and "RFC Metadata Repository Parameter"? I thought it would be the R/3 system, but I am having issues sending an RFC message (using RFC "STFC_CONNECTION") from R/3 to XI. The message never gets to XI (i.e. I can not see it in SXMB_MONI or RWB Message Monitor) and comes back with a "System Failure" message and no additional detail. My SM59 TCP/IP connection is working, I use this RFC destination in my RFC call to XI, and my programID matches between R/3 and XI. I am using the RFC - "STFC_CONNECTION" in this example.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirk,

Yes, you need to mention your sender R/3 system details in the Sender RFC adapter configuration. So that RFC Adapter tries to communicate to the R/3 system details you provide to fetch data.

Better is, try to write a Z report program and try to send data from that program. I also had same problem, please check my other threads for more info.

Since RFC call is not successful, you can not see the messages either in SXMB_MONI or Message Display Tool.

Hope you got little more info on ur problem.

Thanks,

Raj.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls find the following link about configuring Sender RFC Adapter.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/67/6d0540ba5ee569e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Also find following blog.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Moorthy