cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item category for delivery only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to set an Item Category in the Material Master so as to allow delivery to be created to send the part to Vendor for some sub-con processing, at the same time I do not want to allow Sales Order creation for this part.

Can this be done via Item Categories in Sales, or Delivery or can this be done

by just using a block code in the basic data view in the x-plant material status?

Please advise the common procedure to enable delivery creation but block Sales Order creation.

Thanks,

Pri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can close

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Priya

Sub contracting comes under MM process. However, please note that in SD, you can control creation of sale order for a material by not maintaining the item category to sale order type in VOV4 but maintain to delivery type in 0184. (TCode zero 184)

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

ps:- please close your earlier threads wherever possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Priya ,

The Item categories for the control you require can be found in the MM side Such As I, L ,N

Sub contracting.

if you do not want sales order to be created for that material , donot create the Sales views of the material (Sales Org Data 1 & 2, Sales General Plants)

Thus This material can be used only in the Purchasing side.

regards,

A S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

You can set the "Item category group" in the material master and not the "Item category".

You are talking of blocking the Sales order, then how will you create the Delivery ?

Are you talking of Delivery without order reference (LO) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Purchasing side we send the parts to vendors for sub-con processing. Since delivery needs to be created via ME2O to confirm the qty that's been sent to the vendor, since this involves delivery document the sales views needs to be extended for the part.

Basically we do not have the sales views created for them. But the requirement is that it should not allow to create Sales Orders.

This is only to trigger Delivery creation to send the parts to vendor for logistic purpose.

Regards,

Pri