cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduce processing delay in inbound queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

The mesages from XI system to ECC system are been sent but however they are stuck in the inbound queue XBTR*. I have registered these queue prefix in the sxbm -> manage queues -> register -> activate.

However

a. i want the messages to be processed after few minutes, however i want to reduce the processing delay?

Could you please help!

best Regards

Guru

Edited by: gururaj ravindra on Dec 16, 2008 6:25 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only once register queqe required.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

from your second posting I derive that qRfc is working, but nonetheless messages are piling up in qRfc queues. If this assumption is correct the most-likely reason is that the application does not respond fast enough. Please keep in mind that the qRfc receiver queues (XBTR*) are used as kind of buffer between XI inbound handling and application inbound handling. This way your ECC system can receive all requests and puts them into the buffer (qRfc queues). From one qRfc queues the messages are send sequentially to the application, i.e. the faster the application processes these messages the faster the queues are empty.

To nail this down you might want to have a look to the processing time of the application. This is pretty easy: just have a look to the performance header object of some sucessfully processed messages. There you will find 2 time stamps called PLSRV_CALL_INBOUND_PROXY. These timestamps denote the begin and the end of the call to the proxy framework which in fact invokes the application. The difference between these timestamps is the time spend in the application (+proxy framework, where this is negligible in most of the cases).

I am pretty sure that the application turns out to consume a lot of time. Main target then is to analyse

the application in order to find out the root cause for long processing time and to speed this up. Additionally you might also want to increase the parallelism in XI (use more qRfc queues at the same time). Please keep in mind that you can easily flood the application by sending too many XI requests in parallel.

Best Regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

SAP AG, Walldorf

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to deregiste queqe and again Register queue would help u.

SXMB_ADM --> Manage Queues. Sheduler status must be INACTIVE

Registering queues

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/96/8412417301ee6fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gaur

ya this is fine but thi sstep has to be done every time , to empty the queue. Is there any way to reduce the delay and make it automatic.

Thanks and Best Regards

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

for inbound queues schedule the report RSQIWKEX to run periodically. This report enables automatically resets the queues.

follow this blog

Regards

sandeep

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Probably you can schedule these reports in background

RSARFCRD: tRFC Monitor (transaction SM58)

· RSARFCSE: Restart an LUW (background job)

· RSARFCEX: Restart tRFC LUWs (background job)

· RSQOWKEX: Restart QOUT qRFC LUWs

· RSQIWKEX: Restart QIN qRFC LUWs

Anf if your requirement is to change the scheduling then you can goto tcode SMQS and change the processing by changing parameter MAX Runtime for particular target system.

check sap help for more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/59/d9fa40ee14f26fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Thanks!

Edited by: Sudhir Tiwari on Dec 16, 2008 6:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sudhir,

Thanks for the reply.!

My main aim would be to reduce the time period for which the messages stay in queue and they are processed automatically

You mean I could reduce the MAXTIME ?

Best regards

guru

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Yes by reducing the MAX runtime it will stay for the less time in the queue then just compare the switching time because less is the time to stay in queue more will be the time spent in switching. so do accordingly for your requirement.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

I change the maxtime paramater doesnot work.

Could you have any other alternative.

best Regards

Vittal

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

however i want to reduce the processing delay?

I think this is related to server load. You may ask basis guy to increase the Dialogue work Processes.It will be faster and queue stucking problem will be resolved.

Thanks!