cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to determine the sender business system for ABAP client proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one doubt: when the client proxy sends the message to XI, how could i know what is the sender business system name for it?

Is it the logical system which is reflected in Technical System?

let's say if i have the ABAP system, the technical system is ECC, which has three clients: 001, 066 and 000.

And the client 001's logical system in ECCCLNT001 (all the client proxy is created in this client). In this case, the sender business system name is ECCCLNT001, am i right?

If no, please correct me.

Thanks in advance

Leo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence

Yes you are correct with the sender system name.

If your ABAP tech system is ECC and client 001

You can name the logical system as ECCCLNT001. This will be your business system name and related integration server should be your PI server.

For proxy we don't require Sender Agreement as well

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav thank you very much for your reply

What will happen if we don't have the logical system name maintained in technical system ECC client 001 in SLD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can have error sending messages to IS.

Even while transporting the object.

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lawrence

When data is distributed between different systems, each system within a network has to be clearly identifiable. The u201Clogical systemu201D deals with this issue.

A logical system is an application system in which the applications work together on a common data basis. In SAP terms, the logical system is a client.

Since the logical system name is used to identify a system uniquely within the network, two systems cannot have the same name if they are connected to each other as BW systems or as source systems, or if there are plans to connect them in any way.

Although SAP does not recommend that you connect test systems to production systems, a test system can have the same name as a production system. This makes copying production systems to test systems a lot simpler.

You are only allowed to change the logical system name of a system if the system is not connected to any other systems, because changing the logical system name would render all the connections to other systems useless.

Logical system names must contain capital letters and numbers only. SAP recommends the following naming convention for logical system names: <System-ID>CLNT<Client>.

Regards

sandeep